Ireland/NI Role Call

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Ireland/NI Role Call

Postby Solas » 29 Aug 2013, 09:43

Hi,
I would be interested to hear from anyone in Northern Ireland with a view to sharing resource such as suppliers of kit and consumables. I am finding it an up hill struggle finding suitable supplies and bringing stuff in from the mainland is so expensive. For example, I cannot find anyone in NI that makes Charcoal or sells decent quality lumpwood.

Anyway, identify yourselves and we can become the NIBBBQS branch! :D
Solas
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Ireland/NI Role Call

Postby Jimbo89 » 22 Sep 2014, 22:36

Hi Solas

A bit late responding to you but was wondering if you had identified any good sellers of charcoal/lumpwood? I am from Belfast and am struggling to find a good local supplier.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jimbo89
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Ireland/NI Role Call

Postby aris » 23 Sep 2014, 07:58

Jimbo89 wrote:Hi Solas

A bit late responding to you but was wondering if you had identified any good sellers of charcoal/lumpwood? I am from Belfast and am struggling to find a good local supplier.

Thanks

Try asking your local kebab shop or restaurant that uses charcoal. You might also try contacting BigK directly and see if they have a distributor in NI. You might also try speaking to a local solid winter fuel supplier - they may be able to help you, or supermarkets - clear them out :-) The prices for lumpwood tend to be quite good, about 1 pounds a kilo. There is a Makro cash and carry in Belfast:

97 Kingsway
Dunmurry
BELFAST
Co Antrim
BT17 9NS

They sell this:

http://store.makro.co.uk/p-52126-fuel-e ... -10kg.aspx

Decent price, not used this stuff before though.

Other alternative is to club in with several other like minded people and get a pallet of charcoal delivered from BigK - then split the costs. A full pallet can be collected and delivered to NI for about 100 pounds inc VAT. That can be up to 1000kg of goods within the dimensions of a pallet: 220cm high, 120cm long & 100cm wide
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Verminskti » 23 Sep 2014, 08:04

Sure there must be a cultchie or twa that'll make charcoal. I think there was a garden place down towards Newry that did a load of barbecue bits last time someone asked this.
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Verminskti » 23 Sep 2014, 08:10

Have you tried Haldane Fisher? There's one on the boucher road industrial estate along with NIs largest drive through. Get yer fried chicken awn big lad! Else theres one out Bangor way if ye can face the Ards.
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Jimbo89 » 23 Sep 2014, 21:54

Cheers guys. Will try Makro and also Haldane Fisher. May even take a look down south and borrow my father in law's van to bring up a load. Happy to share load with anyone interested.

Has anyone tried this: http://www.biocharireland.com/charcoal.html

Jimbo89
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Verminskti » 24 Sep 2014, 08:09

Is the Makro at junction 1 of the M1? Can't remember where it is but useful to know if they are selling charcoal.
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Jimbo89 » 24 Sep 2014, 23:52

It is near the blacks road turn off - not sure what no the turn off is.

Jimbo89
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 25 Sep 2014, 12:26

You may have to have a Makro card (or booker card) to shop there, but quite often if you know what you want and will pay cash, they will let you in on a day pass - but speak to the manager - call first.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby smoking in ni » 23 Oct 2014, 11:21

Hi guys new to this site. I live in Coleraine have been working the coals since I lived in S.A. I would be interested in spliting a load of charcoal. I can't seem to get good charcoal.
smoking in ni
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Next

Return to Anything Butt