Booker Cash and Carry

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Booker Cash and Carry

Postby nickdel » 27 Jul 2010, 13:12

Following on from Phil's thread reagarding cash and carry, I see that on Bookers' web site they sell bone in shoulder of pork.
Has anyone tried this for pulled pork or is it the wrong cut. I haven't tried pulled pork yet but really want to but I'm having difficulty tracking down the right piece of meat.
Help and comments would be grately appreciated.

Nick
nickdel
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Booker Cash and Carry

Postby philnewts » 27 Jul 2010, 19:12

My Booker had a large pork shoulder without the bone and nothing listed on the web.

Where is your local?
philnewts
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby nickdel » 28 Jul 2010, 10:59

My local branch is Tunbridgewells, Kent. I've just checked the site again and they diffinately are showing it
nickdel
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 28 Jul 2010, 11:18

Mine (Reading) show it on the website but never have it in store. If you speak to the butcher, he will order it in for you. Mine has also offered me whole bellies at unbelievable prices, take the ribs our and use the rest for sausage or any way you normally like to eat pork belly.

I would say though, if you have a local butcher, try getting friendly with them instead of going down the Booker route. My butcher now gives me great prices on really good meat, also the expertise in trimming, prep and such is so useful. My guy even sharpens my butchery knives for me :D
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Anything Butt