New restaurant in Bracknell Berks, Blue's Smokehouse

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: New restaurant in Bracknell Berks, Blue's Smokehouse

Postby Stu_C » 29 May 2014, 15:22

I've a table booked tonight ahead of the pre-main opening on Saturday, I'll let you know what I think tomorrow.

@ConorD - Did you manage to get booked in tonight also?
Stu_C
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Stu_C » 30 May 2014, 15:48

HI All,

I went last night and the food was fantastic, best ribs I've had.
Myself and my Brother shared the 'Challenge Platter'. At £40 we split it, it had a bit of all the classiscs you'ed expect.

It consisted of.
    One full spare rib <-- perfect and really juicy
    2 x spicy sausagues
    Pulled Pork
    3 or 4 Brisket slices
    Slaw
    Beans
    Onion ball
    Fries
    1/2 a chicken

The place was done out really nice, service was great and it came out in what seems like 10-15 minutes.
There was a choice of 4 sauses, what I can remember is
    Kansas mustard
    Louisiana Hot
    Bourbon
    and a tomato based one also
There's a bar also so you can have a beer if no tables are free. They had authentic American beers available also.
I've not been to any other BBQ resteraunts so cannot compare but I'll be going again.
Stu_C
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Minty913 » 30 May 2014, 15:53

Looks good, wish we had something like this in swindon :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Minty913
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ConorD » 31 May 2014, 16:17

Stu_C wrote:I've a table booked tonight ahead of the pre-main opening on Saturday, I'll let you know what I think tomorrow.

@ConorD - Did you manage to get booked in tonight also?

Not around until next week so going to try and get in next weekend. Looks awesome though can't wait.
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Verminskti » 20 May 2015, 21:34

I went with the Mrs the other week to celebrate a promotion. Their ale was nice but then I've never had owt bad from Caledonian Brewery!

We had the sharing platter with mac and cheese and string onions.

I have to say the whole lot was good but not remarkable. The burnt ends in the cherry bourbon sauce were probably the best bit. The brisket was a little tuff and not majorly flavoured. The chicken breast on the half chicken was pretty dry and therefore tough eating a little. The ribs were a little burnt down the wee end (as I like them to be down the wee end of the rack) going on to a smidge chewier than I expected at the large end. The pulled pork was covered in sauce and really just a mush. The onion strings made one bhaji of crunch whilst the other half liked the mac and cheese she found the crumbs on top didn't go (I'm not a lover of M&C especially with BBQ so couldn't comment) The hot links were good but not amazing and that kinda sums up how I found the sharing platter. We went in early on a Friday night. When we ordered there were two or three other couples in the place but they'd filled half the restaurant by the time we finished. Service was good, beer was good and food was out on time. I will go again and look forward to doing so but I think I'm able to be a lot pickier with the menu and not feel like I'm missing out. Burnt ends and hot links I reckon!

Overall 6/10. Recommend it for fayre that's fair.
Verminskti
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Anything Butt