Mounting a Sign in a Gazebo

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Mounting a Sign in a Gazebo

Postby Steve » 23 Aug 2010, 14:45

One of my sponsors has sorted me out with a sign for my stand at Rudgwick. I don't want to describe it in great detail, because I'm making a modification to it and I want it to be a surprise :twisted:

However, I'm having issues with how to hang/mount it in my gazebo. It's a 2'x2' sheet of perspex with rounded corners, there are no holes drilled in it and I don't have access to a pillar drill so am reluctant to drill holes as perepex has a tendancy to chip when you drill it unless you're very careful.

I thought about sticking some baton to the back and putting hooks in to hang it, but if I do that it won't hang straight as its pivot point will be behind the back sheet of perspex. Also I don't want to just prop it up on a table in case I damage the bottom edge.

Anyone got any ideas on a cheap way of mounting it?
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mounting a Sign in a Gazebo

Postby Banjo » 23 Aug 2010, 14:58

How about two small c-clamps, one at screwed at each top corner? This would give you a fixing point to hang the sign, providing it's not too heavy.
Banjo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Steve » 24 Aug 2010, 20:39

I don't think clamps would hold it for hanging.

Al I think I'm going to follow your advice and go for drilling it. Got some brand new drill bits so hopefully it should drill through cleanly :?

Fingers crossed....
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stickthekettleon » 24 Aug 2010, 21:20

Hi Steve, Al's got a valid idea, however failing that I have a narrow cone cutter thats ideal for plastic, I will have that and my de-walt with me at the comp if you need it. 8-)
stickthekettleon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Anything Butt