Better half is on the way

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Better half is on the way

Postby lakemirror » 24 Aug 2010, 23:49

Just got back from Orlando airport where I loaded my wife and our daughter onto Virgin Atlantic flight 28. Two weeks from now, on Sept 7 (Labor Day here in the US) I will also get on a flight to head across the pond. One week after that, our faithful dog Millie follows in a dog box on a BA flight. Two weeks after that, the shipment of our household goods, clothing, electronics and everything else INCLUDING MY WEBER SMOKEY MOUNTAIN will arrive on a container ship. Phew.

This is the culmination of 8 months of planning, scheduling and most importantly applying for visas and passports. If one day you should happen to ask, I'll tell you all about it over a rib and a cool beverage. Until then, I'll just say that the adventure has begun. :shock:

Tom
lakemirror
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Better half is on the way

Postby All Weather Griller » 25 Aug 2010, 06:46

Good luck Tom,

I hope it all goes smoothly (or as smooth as it can go) for you.

Adie
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 25 Aug 2010, 10:01

Good luck with it all mate, I imagine it must be a logistical nightmare but I'm sure it'll all work out fine for you. Look forward to meeting you.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby British BBQ Society » 26 Aug 2010, 01:13

Just to reiterate what the guys have said, best of luck with the move, and look forward to meeting you some time
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lakemirror » 06 Sep 2010, 10:51

Today's the day. See you soon.

OK, Virgin Atlantic, time to kick the tires and light the fires. Oooh, I think there's a bbq reference there somewhere!

After my safe arrival (hopefully) all I need is the pup dog and the WSM to arrive. It's all downhill from there.....
lakemirror
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 06 Sep 2010, 11:15

Good luck buddy, have a safe flight.
All Weather Griller

Postby joker smoker » 06 Sep 2010, 16:56

looking forward to having you here...welcome
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby MadCow » 07 Sep 2010, 12:51

Welcome to the UK !!! Hope to meet you at some of our future events!
MadCow

Postby lakemirror » 07 Sep 2010, 14:14

I am HERE! ....or, is it "there"? Don't know yet, head is still awash with the jetlag.

I do know that after a rainy trip in from Gatwick, Dorset is sunny and mild. I am sitting outside with the laptop and soaking in the good weather, thinking of firing up a cigar. An unexpected bonus. Get it while you can, Debbie says. Excellent advice, I says, advice that might come back to haunt her tonight!

The M25 was a PARKING LOT this morning, and the M3 had a truck on fire, thought it might be one of you guys on your way home from the finals. Hopefully not, this guy had a seriously bad day going.

Anyway, good to be in my new home. Anyone up for some practice cooks this winter?
lakemirror
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby All Weather Griller » 07 Sep 2010, 14:21

I think practice will be the order of the season for me. I'm hoping the new Jambo should be over from Texas soon after us getting back from the Royal and this will be a cooking style I need to cultivate.

Hope you're enjoying that cigar, the M25 is always a nightmare, constantly has roadworks and is almost always on the variable speed camera limits. M3 normally not so bad. I'm guessing you headed down the A303 and took a trip past Stone Henge. No one in the UK has any "REAL" idea what that was but I reckon it was an early fire pit and the BBQ originated in England.

Like cricket, we invent cool stuff and then forfeit the ownership titles over history. LOL
All Weather Griller

Return to Anything Butt