Supagrill Wonder Briquettes

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: Supagrill Wonder Briquettes

Postby Askoir » 02 May 2014, 10:28

Done a few more cooks with these & they are growing on me.
As they light so quick compared to other briquettes I may have been leaving them in the chimney starter for too long leading to reduced burn time. On my latests cooks both the heat output & burn time have been a lot better than my first few attempts.

I'll do some more in-depth tests then report back
Askoir
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ConorD » 02 May 2014, 16:32

What length of cooks have you been doing (and at what temp)?
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Scantily » 19 May 2014, 12:35

Hi, have you had a chance to use these for any more cooks? What's your overall view vs heat beads/weber briqs?

If they're half decent then I might order a few bags, wish the site didn't have a £50 minimum spend though.

And you're quite right about the booker blue bag, overall it's good, but as you get near the bottom there's are lots of smaller pieces. Big k is much better, you get some proper chunks in those 15kg sacks! It's just the expensive delivery charge that puts me off. Bookers charcoal is just the cheapest and best quality fuel I can get easily, haven't seen anyone stock big k restaurant lump or supagrill wonder briqs around here.
Scantily
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby CHokKA » 19 May 2014, 13:33

Hi Scantily

It's a £30 minimum spend if you switch to their sister site, Creative Garden Ideas, and that's for free delivery, otherwise it's £8 for under £30 :) I placed an order for 2 bags of lumpwood, 2 bags of charcoal briquettes, a bag of the wonder briquettes and the restaurant grade lumpwood, it came to £43 and it was delivered within 3 days :) I haven't had a chance to use the wonder briquettes yet but at £1 per kilo even if they don't burn as well as the old cocoshell briquettes I'd say they're worth it :)

Here's a link:

Linky
CHokKA
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Scantily » 19 May 2014, 13:50

CHokKA wrote:Hi Scantily

It's a £30 minimum spend if you switch to their sister site, Creative Garden Ideas, and that's for free delivery, otherwise it's £8 for under £30 :) I placed an order for 2 bags of lumpwood, 2 bags of charcoal briquettes, a bag of the wonder briquettes and the restaurant grade lumpwood, it came to £43 and it was delivered within 3 days :) I haven't had a chance to use the wonder briquettes yet but at £1 per kilo even if they don't burn as well as the old cocoshell briquettes I'd say they're worth it :)

Here's a link:

Linky

Great tip, thanks buddy! Haven't come across that site before, will be ordering a few bags to try quite soon.
Scantily
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby CHokKA » 19 May 2014, 13:59

Scantily wrote:Great tip, thanks buddy! Haven't come across that site before, will be ordering a few bags to try quite soon.

Yeah I think I stumbled across that by pure accident. I was placing an order through Coals2U and noticed it on the right side, so went there, discovered they did the same charcoal at the same price but with a lower delivery threshold so I placed the order there instead :)
CHokKA
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Askoir » 26 May 2014, 11:39

Sorry I have not replied to some of the questions yet - had a busy few weeks. These are continuing to grow on me & definitely better than standard briquettes. Have a large family gathering planned this coming weekend so will test them head to head against the Weber Premium Briquettes. Still think that the Weber Briquettes (& of course Heat Beads) are better but will do a proper test.

At this price I will definitely be buying more bags of these to use as well as continuing with other brands.
You can purchase these direct from CPL in Chessington if any of you are near there.
Askoir
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Minty913 » 07 Aug 2014, 20:35

Has anyone had any more experience with these?

Was thinking of ordering some to use on my WSM using minion method
Minty913
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Scantily » 07 Aug 2014, 21:16

I've been meaning to order some bags of these myself, fancy changing to briquettes as I've been using lump wood for so long.
Scantily
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Scantily » 15 Aug 2014, 18:54

Had a few bags of these delivered today, will post some feedback once I've had a chance to cook with them.
Scantily
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Butt