Dog here, waiting for WSM

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Dog here, waiting for WSM

Postby lakemirror » 18 Sep 2010, 15:25

Millie the dog arrived Thursday. Hooray, even an 11 year old mongrel can make the trip across the pond!

Now, all I need is for the shipping company to deliver our container of household goods....including my WSM so I can fire that sucker up soon! I have a need.....a need for smoke!
lakemirror
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Dog here, waiting for WSM

Postby MadCow » 23 Sep 2010, 06:46

Aww ... does she have to spend 6 months in quarantine now ... or is there a way around it these days?
MadCow

Postby lakemirror » 23 Sep 2010, 19:37

MadCow wrote:Aww ... does she have to spend 6 months in quarantine now ... or is there a way around it these days?

It's called the PETS scheme. 6 months before she traveled we had to get her certified rabies-free, then six months later had to do the same thing. Pay the fee ($$$$), fill out the paperwork, cross the t and dot the i, then bang zoom across the pond and after a 10 minute check by a vet at Gatwick she was in the car with me. Problem was, she's used to sitting on the right hand side of the front seat. Had to move her over.
lakemirror
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby MadCow » 23 Sep 2010, 22:20

Great news ... but better still get a left had drive car over here and let her sit on the right ... people will think she's driving ... causes some great entertainment!!! :lol:
MadCow

Postby lakemirror » 25 Sep 2010, 02:27

Or, better yet, just let the dog drive!

lakemirror
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby lakemirror » 25 Sep 2010, 05:04

Ah, crap. One of the disadvantages of insomnia is getting bad news via email in the early morning hours.

Our shipment of all of our household goods didn't leave the States until day before yesterday, with a new ETA of Oct 4. It was supposed to have sailed on Sept 9 with an arrival in London of Sept 20.

No explanation of why, just a notice saying the new sailing date and ETA. We have stuff in those boxes we really need, like all of our tax and legal documents we were going to take to our tax attorney this next week. And our daughter's toys and my wife's china and crystal and most of our clothes and our coffee maker and my guitars and our computers and and and and AND OF COURSE MY WSM. :evil:

A pox on IQ Global Logistics! May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their sister's tent flaps!
lakemirror
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby lakemirror » 01 Oct 2010, 10:35

OK, here's the latest: our shipment arrives in Felixstowe on Monday and then is carted to London. It will be available for shipment or pickup on Wednesday (supposedly).

The WSM will take a place of prominence in the back garden right away. Then, all I will need is charcoal, wood, meat and a match....oh, man, I also have to find which box my rub is in, and my chimney, and my gloves, and my injector, and my thermometers, and and and.....
lakemirror
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby joker smoker » 01 Oct 2010, 11:47

hope you can lead by example and get these lazy poms to post more pictures of their food :lol:
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Anything Butt