Which commercial smoker?

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: Which commercial smoker?

Postby Kiska95 » 21 May 2015, 11:43

Hi Smokin BBQ

Did you have much or a to do with EHO with the outhouse/smoke house?
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby J0hn78 » 21 May 2015, 15:26

That really is a great help. It's almost exactly what I was thinking. I was considering a GMG pellet smoker to take with me in the van as the 83kg is light enough to make it portable. I could use that to cook/hold in conjunction with a bain marie for holding beans etc. My only thought is that the GMG warranty doesn't cover commercial use.

I'm going to have to get to American BBQ as soon as I get this cast off my leg! I just hope I don't have to wait too long for a smoker to arrive as I've already got a big job lined up for it in July.

Thanks for your help. Very appreciated.
J0hn78
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby SmokinBBQ » 21 May 2015, 16:39

Kiska95 wrote:Hi Smokin BBQ

Did you have much or a to do with EHO with the outhouse/smoke house?

It was pretty straight forward really. Got the EHO to come out before I'd started so I could tell them my plans. they were very helpful in showing me what I needed to do. Cost a small fortune to get started though and a lot of elbow grease converting the outhouse.
SmokinBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby awesselbaum » 21 May 2015, 17:10

Another option would be to either Cold smoke before with a smokeai (think that's the spelling) or add a gromit hole during the cooking on the propane cook for the device. These things will save you a bundle and produce a serious amount of smoke.
awesselbaum
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Kiska95 » 21 May 2015, 17:45

Hi

Awesselbaum - Cold smoking "before" with uncooked meat that is not cured is major trouble as it means it spends a lot of time in the "Danger Zone temp range"!!!!. It aint going to much use to our commercial guys me thinks.

Kudos to you Doug as it aint many that would take the plunge, wish you every success with the new rig, If you need anything give me a shout never know where I can help!
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby SmokinBBQ » 21 May 2015, 19:46

Cheers Brian, appreciate it!

Hope you get sorted in time john
SmokinBBQ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Anything Butt