Gas BBQ's

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Gas BBQ's

Postby Harry » 08 Nov 2010, 22:41

Hi Board,

Can we talk gas here?

I need a gas grill as an addition to my smoker. I need to sear burgers minutes before the pork butt comes out. There's so much info out there my head is spinning... If we can't discuss it here, does anyone know of a good place to do research?

Cheers,

H
Harry
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Gas BBQ's

Postby All Weather Griller » 09 Nov 2010, 07:48

What kind of scale? I hear the weber summit has a large following.

That said the BBBQS Weber Q200's we're fine at the Rudgewick competition.
All Weather Griller

Postby Harry » 09 Nov 2010, 09:40

I'm thinking about 3 burner.

Got to have a big lid, square. Non of this namby pamby 'sleek look' moulded sculpted can't-get-a-bird-under-it malarky.

Needs to be able to fit a rotisserie.

Shouldn't look like it fits on the dash of a taxi.

Needs to be well built and suffer outside (covered) all year round.

It seems a lot of the nice design and features i would like are reserved for the higher (read: bigger) machines
Harry
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Banjo » 10 Nov 2010, 15:51

I bought my three burner gas grill as an End-of-season special from B&Q. At the start of the season they were flogging it for over £300. I ended up paying £149. It is a big beast, very heavy, with a high domed lid. If it broke I would certainly buy another, despite having my Traeger.

You are probably too late to pick up any similar bargains now, but worth a look.
Banjo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Harry » 10 Nov 2010, 17:20

What brand is yours?

I've been looking at the Broil King models, but i've heard a lot of stuff on the internet about the firebox melting!

The Napoleon Grills look great - plus they have a tray to fit charcoal in if you want to do a real BBQ! High domed, rotisserie all good stuff!
Harry
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby MadCow » 19 Nov 2010, 11:42

Why buy Gas when you could have a pellet cooker !?!?!? Better flavour (IMO) and just as easy, no fussy lighting, just switch it on! ... http://www.americanbbq.co.uk/422/1226.html ... we have some offers on at the moment on cosmetically damaged machines ... scratches etc ... :D

Plenty of Traeger users on the forum ... just ask what they think ... :P
MadCow

Return to Anything Butt