Calling the North East

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Calling the North East

Postby Kiska95 » 23 May 2015, 14:12

So seasons just about to get properly underway, up here anyway (10 degree temp difference! :D ). Had a first Fast grill last week with a couple of "T" bones, did them on my Chimenia cave man styley, brill!

So my question and call to action is..... who from the north east knows a good supplier of Fruit/Hardwood chunks for smoking in my UDS. And before you say "tree Surgeon" I have tried load and most get shot through a chipper as soon as felled and have none. I have a couple of names and they are not local but anyone use them or any better suggestions.....

Druids Wood
Ignis Fire Wood
Gouldens.

Or anyone know of whiskey soaked oak barrel suppliers?
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: Calling the North East

Postby Tiny » 23 May 2015, 15:37

Old Chap,
Think you are going to struggle, the north east is an frozen tundra, I don't believe you have any trees up there. If you were looking for grimness you would be in heaven but think you will have to get wood from us here in the south.

But you do have splendid accents and many words just sound better with a Geordie accent like Kawasaki, Laevorotatory and Benjamin Netanyahoo.

Well done :)
Tiny
From the south........
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Kiska95 » 23 May 2015, 21:08

Nee geordie accent here my good man im from sunderland by the sea a posh version of southsea down in your gaff me ould darlin.
Spent some time in portsmouth but some secrets should be kept.
But you are close nowt gets past leeds not even an apple tree :D. so it looks like i will have to spend my shilling south of the border with barra boys in trilby hats, pencil tashes and tattoos in abundance.pukka!
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby TakingtheBrisket » 23 May 2015, 21:46

Look up smokewood shack or paul goulding
TakingtheBrisket
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Kiska95 » 24 May 2015, 07:54

Thanks just seen smokewood shack and Gouldens both look very promising
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby derekmiller » 24 May 2015, 10:49

Paul Goulden is very good. Use him all the time.
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kiska95 » 24 May 2015, 11:07

Hey Tiny

You got Wood? :D

you must have been speaking to some really posh Geordies as they all go to the Bog, but don't you say Cow-are-sarki? Benjamin who?? :lol:
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Tiny » 24 May 2015, 20:19

Old northern chum,
You misunderstand, I select words that I think will sound better spoken with a Geordie accent and then challenge the token Geordie we have at work to say them in a comedy northern way, laevorotatory is something to do with the way light rotates when shone through an sugar solution, pronounced lave o rotate ory.....Benjamin is the leader of the Israeli government......

Cheers
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Kiska95 » 24 May 2015, 23:14

No misunderstanding tiny just humour :D
got make sure that white light is polarised to work and refract
oh and ben ......is that the one who went to MIT wife sara younger brother Iddo?
We are a bit brighter than that my old marra
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Gav Iscon » 17 Jul 2015, 05:25

And just to set the record straight, people from Sunderland aren't Geordies and they speak differently. :roll: :D For example I would say Hoo's kee's is theese? (Who's keys are these?) and a person from Sunderland person would say 'Wee's kee's are theese?' I eat a kebab and they eat key-bab.

And don't get my started with people from Northumberland which used to be the next place up the road from where I was born and lived till my late teens. Trying saying dog whilst trying to clear some phlem from the back of your throat will give you an idea of broad Northumbrian. It took me a year to understand my late Father in Law and often used to get the stare when I answered no instead of yes because I couldn't understand him. I soon became adept at turning a negative into a postive......No no your'e right, yes you should do that (and vice versa). :)
Gav Iscon
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Next

Return to Anything Butt