Anyone fancy a NEW Traeger Pellet Grill At HALF PRICE?

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: Anyone fancy a NEW Traeger Pellet Grill At HALF PRICE?

Postby J0hn78 » 17 Jun 2015, 09:43

Half tempted to list them on eBay to see if we can get the order ready. :D
J0hn78
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby noxskuses » 02 Jul 2015, 14:36

OK so we've got 10 orders & ready for go!

This is a last shout out to anyone that wants to grab a BBQ bargain.

Be quick & let me know as we will be placing the order next week.

Pete
noxskuses
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Pompey Dinlo » 10 Jul 2015, 06:32

Pete,

Do you have any plans to order another shipment at a later date? I was tempted to put in an order for your current one however after a lot of research I became a bit wary of the build quality as a result of Traeger transferring construction to China as there are a lot of reviews from dissatisfied customers. I would be interested to know what the quality is like when you receive your current order.
Pompey Dinlo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Xtianmadrid » 10 Jul 2015, 08:13

The build quality of the chinese Traeger ? I have had a chinese Traeger now for 8 years and certainly have not had any major problems with it. I use it about 2 to 3 times a week, both for smoke cooking and with the heat shield and grease tray removed for grilling. It is kept under cover in an open leanto on the side of the house.

Apart from keeping it clean the only item I have had to replace is the hot rod. I may have been lucky but I am well pleased with the quality. Any maintenance needed is very simple, I replaced the original controller with a digital one
with no problems and the hot rod after looking at the instruction video was easy to replace. The fire pot will need replacing soon, but otherwise apart from fair wear and tear it is in good working order.

Hope that helps

Xtian
Xtianmadrid
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Pompey Dinlo » 12 Jul 2015, 13:19

Thanks for the reply Xtian, good to hear of your experience. Hopefully a few more people will chip in with their opinions as well.
Pompey Dinlo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Xtianmadrid » 31 Jul 2015, 08:34

Sorry to hear that we did not make the magic 10, hopefully somebody will come forward in the next few weeks
to make the numbers up to the order quantity again.

Thanks for all your work and help.

Xtian
Xtianmadrid
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Artust » 31 Dec 2015, 11:36

I have been speaking to the Traeger guys about these and would tempted myself if this deal comes back in the new year so please let me know.
Artust
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Toby » 31 Dec 2015, 21:15

You will be happy to know traeger have signed up a new distributor in the uk and product will be here in the spring (no it's not me!!)
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby essexsmoker » 01 Jan 2016, 11:17

I'd be very interested in one of these as I'm now in the market fir a pellet grill. Been looking at GMG DB but if these are good... I assume the purchase went through? I see posts were July. How have they been?
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Chris__M » 01 Jan 2016, 11:40

No doubt Pete (noxskuses) will post sometime, but in the meantime.

There are two completely separate issues here.

The purchase of Traeger-like grills direct from China, as a special order, that Pete was talking about. That project required a minimum order of 10; it seemed to be going ahead at one point, then a couple of people dropped out, which meant Pete no longer had enough to proceed. So to the best of my knowledge, it never happened. I was down for a large grill, but when when things ground to a halt, I concentrated on getting my old Traeger back working again.

Separate from this is the news that Toby mentioned, that Traeger is getting a new distributer in the UK.

Having said that, while the Traeger is a fine grill, if you are in the market for a pellet grill, the GMG grills, which are already available in the UK, are also excellent. I have a small portable Davy Crockett, and I love it.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Butt