American BBQ co.

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

American BBQ co.

Postby Kiska95 » 06 Jun 2015, 14:17

Hi

What a brilliant service!!!!! Thanks to Lucy at American BBQ too she was great and very prompt with communication couldn't fault her.
But better still........... ordered the GMG DB on Wednesday PM just before they closed they estimated delivery Monday and guess what it arrived Friday morning!!!! what a brilliant service. Would highly recommend this company
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: American BBQ co.

Postby tommo666 » 06 Jun 2015, 22:47

Welcome to the dark side :-)
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Kiska95 » 07 Jun 2015, 07:18

Hi
as my peeps say "who dares eats"! Lol!
Just thinking about mods defo front shelf conversion to second inner shelf but any alternatives to the one for 48 quid they are asking for it? also door seal? a vid from the US shows a flat nomex type tape around the inner door and the body worth doing?
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Tiny » 07 Jun 2015, 08:07

Old Chap,
Echo your sentiments on the American BBQ Co. Bought mine from there and cannot fault.

Bought the front shelf but have no plans to mod internally as cannot conceive when I might need more cooking space. As for the door gasket, cant think why you would the fan system keeps the temp rock solid so any minor leaks are of no matter.

But you should budget for larger clothes as I am firing it up at least 4 times a week :)

Welcome to the dark side indeed
Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby tommo666 » 07 Jun 2015, 08:49

I did the front shelf mod but haven't used it much. A couple easy things, get some food mats from poundland or similatr. They stop smaller items slipping through the grates.

and to add some extra smoke, the cheap option. Also works well for cold smoking.

I have some nomex tape but haven't used it the grill doesn't leak that bad.
Enjoy your grill, most things i used to cook in the oven now get cooked on the DB.
tommo666
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Kiska95 » 07 Jun 2015, 09:55

Thanks guys that's really really helpful :D

Already put on the LBS eating Q while I was living in the US of A so I'm dooooomed! ;)
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Return to Anything Butt