There must be a solution!

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

There must be a solution!

Postby slemps » 15 Jun 2015, 08:21

Hi All,

I've been using the BBBQS Facebook page a lot recently as it's really active and a great place to share cooks and ideas in real time. I usually use the forum from my PC but the FB page from my phone.

The big downside of a FB page over a forum is the difficulty in finding stuff you have seen later on. ie. if someone posts an amazing recipe or method that you want to try a few weeks later, it's very difficult to find.

A forum however, is structured to be able to do this a little more easily.

I'm certainly not saying there is anything wrong with either, because I'm loving both, but I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts about how to make the best FB stuff a bit more permanent. There is some amazing info being posted. Maybe it's a FB app on the page? Or perhaps it's porting some content over here?

I've no idea of a solution but wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas.

Sam.
slemps
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: There must be a solution!

Postby derekmiller » 15 Jun 2015, 08:51

Hi Sam.

I have voiced the same thoughts for quite a long time now. I personally only post usable information to the forum and use the FB page more for "banter" or quick pics. There have been some really good posts on the FB page and on another one that I frequent, that I have lost and am really gutted. I would try to encourage others to post on here to keep a "permanent" record of it.
Unless someone comes up with an ideal way to find lost posts on FB.
Derek.
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: There must be a solution!

Postby slemps » 15 Jun 2015, 09:20

derekmiller wrote:I would try to encourage others to post on here to keep a "permanent" record of it.

Hi Derek,

Yes a good idea, I'll start to do that. It's amazing how much info is flying around on FB, keeping the good stuff on here would be a huge benefit. Particularly in attracting new people. That kind of content is gold dust from an SEO point of view.

S.
slemps
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Anything Butt