macro frozen boxed ribs

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: macro frozen boxed ribs

Postby Scantily » 20 Jul 2015, 19:22

My local bookers sell three different 10kg boxes:
Standard spares £20
German ribs £22
Chinese meaty belly ribs £30

I've only tried the German and the Chinese ribs, the German ones had barely any meat on at all and annoyingly were frozen together into one solid block.
The Chinese meaty belly ribs are huge, full length spares, lots of meat on top of the ribs, you get 5-6 racks per box so some are enormous. And a major plus is that they're all individually packaged.
Scantily
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby essexsmoker » 21 Jul 2015, 19:53

Scantily wrote:My local bookers sell three different 10kg boxes:
Standard spares £20
German ribs £22

I've only tried the German and the Chinese ribs, the German ones had barely any meat on at all and annoyingly were frozen together into one solid block.
The Chinese meaty belly ribs are huge, full length spares, lots of meat on top of the ribs, you get 5-6 racks per box so some are enormous. And a major plus is that they're all individually packaged.

Strechie seemed to think the german ribs were ok. They look ok in the photo. Is there no meat on top?
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Scantily » 21 Jul 2015, 20:00

essexsmoker wrote:
Scantily wrote:My local bookers sell three different 10kg boxes:
Standard spares £20
German ribs £22

Strechie seemed to think the german ribs were ok. They look ok in the photo. Is there no meat on top?

Not on the ones I bought, they were practically shiners (bones showing through).
Scantily
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby aris » 21 Jul 2015, 20:09

The ones with the Chinese characters on top were ok for me - and had bits of plastic between each layer so you could pry them apart.

I may well try the meaty ones next time, though you can get fresh belly of pork on the bone for that price.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby smokewoodshack » 06 Aug 2015, 21:47

I bought the frozen ribs that were £20.00 for a 10 Kg box, and they are fantastic. They have plenty of meat on and they cook up fantastic. I have tried uploading the photo, but for some reason it won't upload.
smokewoodshack
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby essexsmoker » 08 Aug 2015, 20:38

smokewoodshack wrote:I bought the frozen ribs that were £20.00 for a 10 Kg box, and they are fantastic. They have plenty of meat on and they cook up fantastic. I have tried uploading the photo, but for some reason it won't upload.

Would be good to see them. Is that the German ones? Think you will get the odd box that are sub standard. Think I'll just get a box of the cheapish ones and try them.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Previous

Return to Anything Butt