Inspiration / Favourite BBQ Food

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Inspiration / Favourite BBQ Food

Postby PDC7 » 09 Jul 2015, 11:34

I'm in a bit of a lull, the times I have time I'm low and slow cooking ribs and pork belly, when time is short im on the burgers and chicken wings, but im always doing the same old stuff SO i'm asking, what is your favourite BBQ food and style? i'm looking for ideas and inspiration

Cheers
PDC7
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Inspiration / Favourite BBQ Food

Postby JamsCowbell » 09 Jul 2015, 12:04

I've started to find that after a long brisket or pork shoulder cooking session, followed by burgers etc, that all the food tastes like my t-shirt smells... Everyone else is loving it and I'm just 'meh'. I think I'm more interested in making sauces than cooking the meat now. I do want to make some decent fatties though!
JamsCowbell
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby TakingtheBrisket » 09 Jul 2015, 23:31

Lamb?
TakingtheBrisket
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby slemps » 10 Jul 2015, 08:38

It's grilling rather than smoking but I've been really enjoying boned leg of lab grilled to medium. Really tasty.

You could also try chicken tikka type marinades (find an authentic recipe). I'm always amazed at how effective yoghurt is at pulling flavour into meat. Ideally on the tandoor but you can get great results on a hot grill. Need to marinade overnight though.

S.
slemps
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby PDC7 » 10 Jul 2015, 11:38

I think my favourite thing ive done recently was scotch eggs, they turned out great, but took longer than I anticipated to cook
PDC7
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby essexsmoker » 10 Jul 2015, 19:46

I really loved the fatty I did a while back. Awesome flavour. Took about 3hrs to smoke.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby dancing james » 11 Jul 2015, 23:07

Beef short rib, the individual ribs as opposed to a rack of cut off short ribs. There is something magical about the fat that has crisped up and slightly caramelised from the sugar in the rub I use on it, and the way the bone on one side and the fat on the other keeps the meat super moist.
dancing james
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Anything Butt