Wood pellet stockist

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Wood pellet stockist

Postby rding » 24 Jul 2015, 09:21

Decided to have a gathering last weekend so got all the meat ready Friday afternoon ready to go on. Got the beer and wine sorted then discovered I couldn't find my last bag of pellets which I normally keep at my unit. Rushed home and checked the hopper and it was more or less empty so then went into panic mode searching for stockist round here. I am sure there used to be a GMC dealer some where near Tadcaster. I once approached him about a cover and I thought I had read a post on here about him but couldn't find his details. After frantic searching I found
http://firewood-factory.co.uk/bbq-pellets/2604255

Rang them and the owner Ashley said if I could get across he would help me out. Turns out he supplies the REDS restaurant chain with pellets I had a good chat with him about them as they seem to be expanding rapidly (even into Asda with their sauces and rubs) I cant remember what smokers he told me they used I think they started on Cookshack ones but have then moved to another. His pellets are a mixture of oak and beech and come in 15kg bags which he did for £10. He also passed on the number of a butcher local to him that does speciality cuts(caters for a lot of south Americans apparently) and he showed me some ribs and joints that he had butchered from cattle he rears.
I cooked a couple of pork shoulders over night and then did some ribs and also chicken and the pellets produced a good smoke ring which even a friend who's a chef commented on. Haven't cleaned the fire pot out but will be doing so today as I am planning to use it again tonight so will report back on how much ash is produced.
rding
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Anything Butt