Cheap Thermapen 3 on eBay... need to be quick!

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: Cheap Thermapen 3 on eBay... need to be quick!

Postby Kiska95 » 26 Sep 2015, 10:58

Thermapen 4 is out so getting rid of thermapen 3 is the solution. What better to let them go in small batches at reduced price to create urgency. Old sales school! :D
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby narmour » 29 Sep 2015, 13:28

There's no way I'm paying £50 odd for a thermometer so I'm happy! actually £36 was too much to justify so I'm doubly happy...
narmour
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby YetiDave » 03 Oct 2015, 17:50

I bought a refurbished thermapen on eBay and had the same experience - seemed brand new! My girlfriend bought herself a pink one too and same deal. Go for it, I've known many people to have bought them in refurbished condition and heard absolutely no complaints 8-)
YetiDave
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby aris » 03 Oct 2015, 20:23

My wife rolled her eyes when I bought it (yet another gadget) - but uses it every day now to check if meat is cooked (particularly chicken). She also uses it to check sugar temperature when making sweets.
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby derekmiller » 05 Oct 2015, 10:27

We have His & Hers Thermapens, I bought mine direct from ETI, the missus has a refurbished one. Cant tell the difference between them (apart from the colour).
Derek.
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Deano » 20 Oct 2015, 12:16

aris wrote:My wife rolled her eyes when I bought it (yet another gadget) - but uses it every day now to check if meat is cooked (particularly chicken). She also uses it to check sugar temperature when making sweets.

Same with my other half!
Deano
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby noxskuses » 21 Oct 2015, 08:28

'Manufactured Refurbished' is just the closest match they could select from the options eBay gives them. The reason they are selling them off cheap seems to be an issue with the printing: 'In all cases you won't be able to differentiate these from our new stock, but the Tartan printing may not be uniform or perfect, hence the low price.' Seems to me they are new & unused, but with faulty printing so can't sell as new.
noxskuses
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby narmour » 10 Dec 2015, 12:56

I've had mine for nearly 3 months now and it's honestly the best piece of kit I've invested in. I use it for everyday cooking mainly as I have a Maverick for the smoker but it gets used all the time. It has transformed my steaks and oven roasts.. wouldn't be without it!
narmour
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Chris__M » 15 Dec 2015, 10:51

I bought 4 "manufacturer refurbished" Thermapens - two of them I use regularly (a red one for meat, a pink one for chicken, to avoid cross-contamination), one I gave to a friend as a present, and one I put away as a spare, still in its plastic.

That was in 2011. I needn't have bought the spare, as both of the pens that I am using still work perfectly, and even still look pretty much as new.

Do not worry about the "refurbished" label - just say thank you and give them your money. :lol:
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Moses378 » 24 Dec 2015, 02:58

How many of these things are actually returned? :(
Moses378
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Butt