Kamado Joe Big Joe

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Kamado Joe Big Joe

Postby GingerBen » 05 Oct 2015, 09:49

Hi all,

Thinking of buying one of these fellas but can't find anywhere near me (Hampshire) that seems to stock them so I can go and have a look at one. I've got a BGE dealer near me and had a look at the weekend but I don't fancy the extra £500 they want for what is essentially the same thing.

Wondering if any of the Kamado owners on here know of any stockists in the Hants region?

TIA
GingerBen
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Kamado Joe Big Joe

Postby Stu » 12 Oct 2015, 09:33

We have BGE and some friends a Monolith - Both in Hampshire, but not a Joe.

The Mono dealer in Poole suggests he'll do discounts. If you can find someone selling an ex demo BGE it might bear fruits.

When the Euro/GBP rate was better you could by a Mono in the EU for comfortably less than in the UK but the gap has narrowed, although it's still cheaper.
Stu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Kamado Joe Big Joe

Postby GingerBen » 14 Oct 2015, 08:54

Thanks Stu, found a dealer down in Romsey that had a classic Joe on display at the weekend so checked it out down there. Seems like an excellent unit and no obvious quality differences between that and the Eggs I've seen.

Out of interest do you have a link to the mono site in the EU you referred to? Be interesting to see the prices. THanks.
GingerBen
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Anything Butt