Macro Charcoal Delivery

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Macro Charcoal Delivery

Postby SmokeyJoe » 08 Oct 2015, 22:25

Not sure if everyone is aware but Macro will now deliver charcoal and there is no need to have an account with them. It's £11.99 for 12kg and delivery is free if you spend over £60 or it's £2.99. It's their usual restaurant grade Fuel Express stuff and I've just taken delivery of a load for the winter. Hopefully this will be of use to some other members who are struggling to get charcoal at this time of year.
SmokeyJoe
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Macro Charcoal Delivery

Postby essexsmoker » 09 Oct 2015, 17:17

You can get pretty much anything from their online store and you don't have to be a member AFAIK.
It's 9.99 in store, so I guess that's where the membership comes in. I don't know if you have to pay to be a member. My company do mine.

Still handy to know though.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Stu » 12 Oct 2015, 09:28

I'm using it at the moment and I have found it to be much more smokey than the BGE stuff I was using before and does contain some impurities (bits of string, brick and plastic so far)

You get what you pay for, it's half the price of BGE stuff.
Stu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby narmour » 14 Oct 2015, 08:41

I've found their delivery pretty unreliable... I ordered some in plenty of time to be delivered for my Dad's birthday BBQ in the middle of August and I had to email them to investigate where it had gone by the start of September. Even then it took them another 2 weeks to get my order to me.

I would second the imputrities comment, mine has loads of string, and I'm not that impressed with the size of the chunks. It's mostly small lumps by the time it has gone through the delivery process.
narmour
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby essexsmoker » 14 Oct 2015, 09:59

I've never had an issue with the size of the chunks although I have had a couple of bits of string in it. No great chore though as it's so cheap.

I've even had to break some of the silly big bits up.

I've never noticed any taint on the food either which is the main thing.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Anything Butt