I fear you are all dead but....burnt ends?

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

I fear you are all dead but....burnt ends?

Postby Tiny » 29 Dec 2015, 18:32

Well chaps, 3 days with nothing new going on so I fear you have all finally overdosed on meat or something else suitably terrible has consumed you, but if there is anyone out there left alive I would like some advice on "burnt ends"

I am picking up an whole brisket on Thursday morning and will chuck it in the danny boy at 250 until it hits 200f, I will wrap it at some point with a heavy beef broth......but I have no idea how to make burnt ends.

I think at some point I am supposed to cut off the pointy bit that is thinner and tongue shaped and cook them for loads more but beyond this no idea....

I could of course search the interclacker and come up with a gazillion recipes and ASDA probably now sell vegan burnt ends but I would prefer to take counsel from the wise, and possibly re-assure myself I am not the only forum member left alive......

KL Tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: I fear you are all dead but....burnt ends?

Postby Toby » 29 Dec 2015, 19:22

The food coma has hit most I am afraid! When you foil, I normally foil at about 156f which equates to 8 hours in the smoke. Separate the point and the flat. Foil the flat and leave the point in the smoke. I normally brush with bbq sauce to give them an extra layer of flavour. The burnt ends will take another hour after the flat is done. Obviously the timings are approximate. Hope that helps!
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Anything Butt