diall charcoal

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

diall charcoal

Postby Smokeysmoggy » 08 May 2016, 14:18

Hey guys.

At my local BnQ bank holiday Monday, found they were doing bags of diall lumpwood charcoal, 7kg bags at 2 for £12.
Snapped them up then found quite a few bad reviews.
Oops
Opened them up very pleasantly surprised, nice big chunks, obviously a few smaller ones but over all a really good buy.
Very easy to light the a few rolled up sheets of news paper and good heat output, and lasts a good while did a big cook off yesterday for five and performed like a charm.
Smokeysmoggy
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: diall charcoal

Postby essexsmoker » 09 May 2016, 09:36

They are great for grilling, I bought about 6 bags last year at the end of the season! Just don't use them for minion or snake or where they aren't fully lit first, they give off a nasty acrid taste.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Smokeysmoggy » 09 May 2016, 15:38

essexsmoker wrote:They are great for grilling, I bought about 6 bags last year at the end of the season! Just don't use them for minion or snake or where they aren't fully lit first, they give off a nasty acrid taste.

Cheers Essex.

Most of the time I just grill if I do low and slow its small cuts of meat like chicken thighs or breasts or just dump a pile of wings in there.

I guess the thing with diall charcoal is try first before listening to the bad reviews.
Ive had some dreadfull charcoal over the last year or so, the worst is the instant light stuff (I know big mistake), its amazing how different food tastes when you just use normal lump charcoal rather than pre soaked with god knows what (probably the same stuff I use to fuel my zippos)
Smokeysmoggy
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby essexsmoker » 10 May 2016, 09:25

God yeah, never buy instant light stuff, it's filthy muck.

Try at the end of the season, about September ish. Think they were £3 a 7kg bag or something. Guess it depends how much they over order as to the deal you get.
essexsmoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Smokeysmoggy » 10 May 2016, 18:50

Cheers mate I will bear that in mins.
Seen some propper lumpwood in my local home bargains, by supagrill, £2:99 for 5kg I fancy giving it a go but it makes me think maybe too good to be true.
Smokeysmoggy
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 10 May 2016, 21:49

BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Anything Butt