Brisket

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: Brisket

Postby clairbare » 28 Jan 2011, 18:09

Think we will just take John up on his offer :) pop an order in to him before we plan a smoke, then a trip down to Brighton, maybe a sneaky taster of his cook for the day :lol:
clairbare
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby joker smoker » 12 Feb 2011, 01:34

Here's a nice little article on my favourite chunk of beef...http://www.barbecuen.com/brisket.htm
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Chris__M » 12 Feb 2011, 16:51

Steve wrote:Don't overdo it on the seasoning with brisket. I like my beef to taste like beef :lol: A simple salt and pepper rub is delicious on brisket, or use the copycat recipe for Lawry's on here and use seasoned salt and cracked black pepper. You don't want a sweet rub that's the main thing.

I like to add a good shake of paprika into my salt and pepper.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 12 Feb 2011, 17:56

Yup, a shot of paprika is good with S&P is good.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vic. » 15 Feb 2011, 20:00

[quote="clairbare"]Image

The bit of meat on those photos looks like a cut of bottom silverside, its got a triangle shape. I've cooked silverside before and it needs to be cooked slow to 185- 195F, its got tuff sinues running through it.

not sure whether brisket and bottom silverside is the same thing, it could be. I would ask your butcher not to take the fat off it, claire. He's dressing it up to sell it like sirloin or rib-eye

http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_4868784_cook- ... ooker.html
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Batch » 09 Dec 2016, 07:47

Sorry for the thread bump, but it answered my noob question perfectly so thanks.

swind_ed, if you are still around and still buying brisket off the same butcher - may I ask who you use? I'm also in Swindon, just bought a proq Frontier and after I've used it for a few(!) practice burns am keen to give brisket a go.
Batch
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby TakingtheBrisket » 11 Dec 2016, 21:10

Batch wrote:Sorry for the thread bump, but it answered my noob question perfectly so thanks.

swind_ed, if you are still around and still buying brisket off the same butcher - may I ask who you use? I'm also in Swindon, just bought a proq Frontier and after I've used it for a few(!) practice burns am keen to give brisket a go.

Think ed gets his meat from a sponsor now. If you're on facebook join this group on there and ask james lowe or mark burley. Alot of us get meat from them for comps
TakingtheBrisket
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Batch » 21 Dec 2016, 09:46

OK, thanks
Batch
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Previous

Return to Anything Butt