Needed BBQ Helpline, I think my addiction has gone a bit far

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Needed BBQ Helpline, I think my addiction has gone a bit far

Postby Swindon_Ed » 13 Feb 2011, 11:02

Is it time to get help when you find yourself bidding on ebay for another bbq. I know what your thinking that's not too bad, but after already ordering a stoker for my charcoal bbq's i've just gone and bought myself a pellet cooker.

Now i have no garage or shed to store it in, all my opther bbq's live outdoors and i don't think this one would like it that much.

So I'm hoping to pick it up next weekend and then i might be looking for a home for it but will put an post in the correct section.
Swindon_Ed

Re: Needed BBQ Helpline, I think my addiction has gone a bit

Postby All Weather Griller » 13 Feb 2011, 11:11

try 0800 SMOKEME

LOL

I would have to agree Ed. Enjoy the Pellet Grill, looking forward to the pics.
All Weather Griller

Postby Chris__M » 13 Feb 2011, 11:45

Don't know if it is of any help, but I bought this as a cheap shelter for my Pellet Grill - possibly the same one that you have (the Lil Tex?)

However, even though I have had it a couple of months, it is still sitting in the garage (next to the pellet grill) waiting for me to assemble it. What can I say - other jobs around the house have taken precedence.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Chris__M » 13 Feb 2011, 13:34

Swindon_Ed wrote:Is it time to get help when you find yourself bidding on ebay for another bbq. I know what your thinking that's not too bad, but after already ordering a stoker for my charcoal bbq's i've just gone and bought myself a pellet cooker.

Are you sure it's not an ebay addiction you've got, rather than a BBQ one?

First sign of this is bidding on things because they're cheap, even if you don't really need them. :lol:
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 13 Feb 2011, 18:42

My Traeger lives outside, I wouldn't worry about it, just cover it with a tarp.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Vic. » 13 Feb 2011, 19:10

lidls are doing cheap plastic greenhouses this weather, they'll keep the rain out if nothing else
Vic.
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Swindon_Ed » 13 Feb 2011, 22:29

Steve wrote:My Traeger lives outside, I wouldn't worry about it, just cover it with a tarp.

Ah, this might change things then as i've always thought that because they use electric, you'd need to keep them inside out of the rain which would be a bit of an issue for me.

I can see a big benefit for me of using a cooker like this is mainly going to be for grilling as i find cooking only a couple of steaks for me and the mrs a bit of hassel and a waste of charcoal getting the weber going so if i can use this like a gas cooker but still get the wood taste i think i'd get some good mileage out of it.

Am i right in thinking it can be used in this way?

Vic. wrote:lidls are doing cheap plastic greenhouses this weather, they'll keep the rain out if nothing else

The Mrs bought a couple of these in the summer and they've not lasted through the winter getting broken by the rain and snow. I'm pretty sure i should one of the weber covers will fit it from one of their low end gas grills.
Swindon_Ed

Postby Steve » 13 Feb 2011, 22:37

On the weather protection, I have taped a piece of ziplock bag over control panel and I put the plug in a ziplock when it's not in use. Covered with a tarp its been fine apart from a little mold on the wooden handle.

The lil text starts up really quick, it's ready to cook on in 15 minutes then when you're done you can just switch it off so yes it is almost as convenient as a gasser. I'm really glad I got mine despite the fact I still love charcoal. The end product is different from a Traeger than from a bullet, I like it.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Anything Butt