Weber briquettes

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Weber briquettes

Postby Oakenone » 07 Jun 2016, 20:18

New to forum so apologies if the answer is here and i didint find it.

Long time BBQer (weber 57cm kettle) and bought a 57cm WSM last year and absolutly loved it.

When i bought the WSM i tried the weber 240 min extended briquettes (white bag) which i thought excellent. As long consistant burn/performance. I ended up using 80-100kg last year and always same result.

You can no longer get it in UK so anyone know how the weber redbag briquettes compare. Or other suggestion?

Thanks
Oakenone
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Weber briquettes

Postby Oakenone » 08 Jun 2016, 10:33

Should have clarified that i am hoping for advice on WSM. I normally didn't use the weber briquettes in kettle.
Oakenone
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby TakingtheBrisket » 08 Jun 2016, 17:05

I might be wrong but the extended burn are more for direct grilling when you need all the coals lit.

I use restaurant grade from makro/bookers but alot use heatbeads
TakingtheBrisket
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 08 Jun 2016, 18:38

I prefer Aussie Heat beads to Weber and better burn times IMO

Best price I've found is gardens 4 less, especially if buy enough to qualify for free delivery.

I did an 18 hour cook on my WSM 47 last weekend. Closed down vents afterwards and still have half a basket of coals left.
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Oakenone » 08 Jun 2016, 20:42

Thanks am planning an overnight brisket smoke this weekend will try some aussie heat beads if i can get delivered in time.

Will let you know how it goes
Oakenone
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Pompey Dinlo » 09 Jun 2016, 19:31

BraaiMeesterWannabe wrote:I prefer Aussie Heat beads to Weber and better burn times IMO

Best price I've found is gardens 4 less, especially if buy enough to qualify for free delivery.

I did an 18 hour cook on my WSM 47 last weekend. Closed down vents afterwards and still have half a basket of coals left.

I prefer Aussie Heat Beads over Weber and I also buy from gardens 4 less. Heat beads on a WSM used as a traditional grill pump out a phenomenal amount of heat, definitely only need a small amount for direct grilling.
Pompey Dinlo
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 09 Jun 2016, 22:05

Oakenone wrote:Thanks am planning an overnight brisket smoke this weekend will try some aussie heat beads if i can get delivered in time.

Will let you know how it goes

Good luck.
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 09 Jun 2016, 22:06

Pompey Dinlo wrote:
BraaiMeesterWannabe wrote:I prefer Aussie Heat beads to Weber and better burn times IMO

I prefer Aussie Heat Beads over Weber and I also buy from gardens 4 less. Heat beads on a WSM used as a traditional grill pump out a phenomenal amount of heat, definitely only need a small amount for direct grilling.

Not used them for grilling yet. Tend to use lumpwood, or in fact actual wood if I have time.
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Oakenone » 12 Jun 2016, 11:31

Thanks for the advice. I didnt a slow 15hr brisket with aussie heat beads mixed with some apple wood.

Heat beads good clean heat and burn time. Will definitely use again.

Cheers

P.s. bought from riverside garden centre as fractionally cheaper and i have used them before (plus almost local to me)
Oakenone
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 12 Jun 2016, 16:30

Excellent.
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Next

Return to Anything Butt