New sponsorship !!

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: New sponsorship !!

Postby Steve » 01 Mar 2011, 15:15

So it is iGrill after all...

http://www.bbqbackyard.com/profiles/blo ... st%3A22005

Or is there another announcement in the wings 8-)
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Swindon_Ed » 01 Mar 2011, 15:21

So have they provided you with an iPad for demo purposes?

If not maybe you should bring that idea up.
Swindon_Ed

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 Mar 2011, 17:19

DrSweetsmoke wrote: Yes I'm sure Adie great detective man work but they are not who I was referring to though or I would have said you were correct in the first place. 8-)

Steve, I think from what Al was saying in an earlier post is that iGrill is "old" news, and that there is indeed another sponsor announcement to be made soon.

More specifically...
DrSweetsmoke wrote: they are not who I was referring to

Should be cool, Dr Sweetcmokes Mayhem in May cook space is gonna be rocking (I'm still thinking there will be some ceramic there) :o
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 01 Mar 2011, 17:38

I'm waiting with baited breath.

I'm sure you'll agree Adie, it's great news to see British BBQ teams picking up sponsors. We've tried for a few this year but so far we've had no luck but our 2010 sponsor lineup was great as it stood so we're not too bothered. It's great to keep working with the same people as last year.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 Mar 2011, 17:52

Yep, I especially think its cool a US firm is involved with a UK team, there are few examples of this over here and for Al to bag two US names it is to my knowledge unprecedented.

I am guessing he and his team have done us all a favour as it effectively opens the door for other US sponsors to deal with more UK teams. We can use Al and iGrill and his new sponsor (When announced) as examples when we contact new potentials. 8-)

it is indeed AWESOME work! :D
All Weather Griller

Postby All Weather Griller » 01 Mar 2011, 20:52

I had noticed the other two but assumed assumed you were just advertising Spicewine for Jay. When we were over there Jimmy Brod said there were no Spicewine models he was aware of over here as Steve was asking about bringing one back.

Kudos on your acquisitions then. 8-)
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 01 Mar 2011, 21:00

Have you already got your Spicewine then or is it due soon? I'm gutted that I won't be the first UK Spicewine owner, I love Jay's cookers and came very close to buying one from Jimmy at the Royal when he offered to sell me a competition spec'd medium.

I'd love to hear who shipped it for you as well (if they did a good job) so I have a recommendation for when I do manage to bring mine over.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve » 01 Mar 2011, 21:47

Fair play Al, I know exactly what you mean about sponsorship, my deals are all on a product basis as the three competitions I do per year only provides a limited value, hence the value of what we get from sponsors.

Thankfully I understand enough about business to know how to put good value propositions forward so I've been relatively successful with sponsors, although I've not approached any US sponsors as yet. We've never approached a smoker company as we don't feel we could give them a good value proposition and it wouldn't feel right for us to be sponsored by a company but not use their primary product, but this is only my opinion.
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Anything Butt