New sponsorship !!

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: New sponsorship !!

Postby esselle » 24 Feb 2011, 08:23

Is it ky jelly? :lol:
Sorry Al just kidding.
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 24 Feb 2011, 08:27

Scott, you're thinking of another Al...

Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby British BBQ Society » 24 Feb 2011, 13:23

Do you actually read what you write before you publish it?

Steve wrote:With great sponsorship comes great responosibility :D

i.e. I hope that this announcement signals that commitment to sponsors will mean we see Dr Sweetsmoke's Smooth 'n' Low BBQ team end their 2-year hiatus in May and compete in their second BBBQS competition. Want to see you back on the field Al.

Doc wrote: Don't worry yourself Steve if I'm able to compete then I will. It hasn't exactly been two years since I was last at a BBBQS event, remember I did judge in a BBBQS competition last season. :lol: :lol: I cook outside the society also, tough the competition circuit is still in it's infancy I have a look at everything out there.

Steve was making the point that to do the best for your sponsor and show off anything provided by said sponsor you need to use it, unless you are getting sponsored by a pencil company Judging doesnt help........ I would also love to know any other competition circuit in the UK is in its 3rd season?? Infancy? Dont think so.........
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Steve » 24 Feb 2011, 14:45

British BBQ Society wrote:unless you are getting sponsored by a pencil company Judging doesnt help

Al, you're not getting sponsored by Pen Island are you?

http://www.penisland.net/ - My favourite URL ever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby esselle » 24 Feb 2011, 15:50

Steve wrote:
British BBQ Society wrote:unless you are getting sponsored by a pencil company Judging doesnt help

Al, you're not getting sponsored by Pen Island are you?

http://www.penisland.net/ - My favourite URL ever :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know people are now searching for that lol - glad I'd already been caught lol
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Steve » 24 Feb 2011, 16:24

With all this banter I think some people may need therapy.

Need a therapist? Try:
http://www.therapistfinder.com

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Chris__M » 24 Feb 2011, 17:35

Steve wrote:With all this banter I think some people may need therapy.

Need a therapist? Try:
http://www.therapistfinder.com

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, I misread what you said there...

http://www.thereminworld.com/

Much more theraputic!
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby All Weather Griller » 27 Feb 2011, 18:10

DrSweetsmoke wrote:
All Weather Griller wrote:I'm guessing it's iGril as you love that thing and the other was Maverick... Thermapen are tied to Royal Q.

Nope.

Are you sure?

You have this attached to your signature on another forum.

All Weather Griller

Postby All Weather Griller » 27 Feb 2011, 19:27

Cheers Al, I wondered why you were so defensive on the criticism I posted on there. I don't really have that much of an issue about who sponsors who I just think that you should have really and ethically declared a vested interest.

Everyone knows you're working with Macs BBQ and I don't think anyone has a problem with that, it just means you can feedback good and honest critique or praise, and likewise as an agent of iGrill you could/should be feeding back the critiques that have been made about that product.

I don't visit that forum at all really, I just found that having no Facebook account has freed me up to mooch around a lot more :lol:

Kudos on the sponsor I am pleased for the Dr Sweetsmoke team, hope to see your iGrills in action this year and I'm looking forward to finding out who this new sponsor is, I just think you could have said, "Nope, It's not iGrill, although they do sponsor Dr Sweetsmoke." I'm gutted it's not them though as they were my first guess and if it were then I would have named that tune in one :D

For the interest of balance - Bite the Bullet are Sponsored by:

Ashwood Smoking Chips Ltd, who provide us with excellent Smoking woods, they are also the distributors of Smoki-Chipz and I unashamedly pass these out whenever I find anyone that may benefit from them;
Gateford Mill Kitchens Ltd, who equipped our competition trailer;
Banks Beef and Lamb, who provide us with excellent deals on meat for our events;

To date we have no Garment Sponsors or Equipment Suppliers (But would like some).
All Weather Griller

Postby Steve » 27 Feb 2011, 21:37

So Al, have you managed to get something in place with Spicewine then, given the banner on your site? I'd love to see a Spice box in the UK. As you already know I'm after one myself but the new house purchase has taken it off the cards for the immediate future having just had to lay out almost double my age in thousands as a deposit has completely wiped me out :(

As Adie has already shared (and I think it's fair for me to be open about who we work with) Royal Q are sponsored by the following:

Goulden's BBQ Smoking Woods - Paul provides all of our smoking wood and we love working with him.
Fresherpack - Ashley supplies us with vacuum packing equipment, we use on of their premium vac sealers.
ETI aka Thermapen - Anyone who's spent any time around me will have heard me raving about them, we're going to have an ETI guy on our team for Rudgwick this year :D
Cook Equip Ltd - Clive stocks innovative cookware including the Cameron's range of stovetop smokers. He also provides us with a number of toys to play with. Stop by our pitch at any competition to check out his gear.

We're currently looking for a primary equipment sponsor who can provide a refresh to our cooker fleet and a garment sponsor. But it still is hard work getting sponsors onboard. I make a lot of phone calls and send a lot of email :lol:
Steve
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Butt