Additional Jack Daniels Place

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

Additional Jack Daniels Place

Postby British BBQ Society » 12 Jan 2012, 09:08

After months of work in the background I am now pleased to announce that The International BBQ Network (IBQN) has been granted an additional place for the Jack Daniels Invitational, Lynchburg, Tennessee.

This is a truly unique opportunity as it is not restricted to British teams. I am therefore pleased to announce that the Big BBQ will be hosting the “IBQN European BBQ Championships”.

This competition is open to all European nationalities and the overall winner will win the prestigious place at the Jack.

The IBQN European BBQ Championships will follow the same rules and judging procedures as our PitMasters series of competitions. Rules can be found here http://ibqn.com/?page_id=115 please remember the IBQN site is under construction and other areas are not ready.

Our goal has always been to put forward the best of the best to compete at all invitational competitions. In 2012 someone will be crowned IBQN European Champion and be able to hold their head high when they take on the best the world has to offer at the Jack Daniels Invitational in October.

Further information will be posted next week including entry fees, prizes etc
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Additional Jack Daniels Place

Postby esselle » 12 Jan 2012, 09:56

Get the ***** in!
That is absolutely awesome news!
Well done Toby. Reward finally came for all the hard work, maybe people will realise now that you are working for the good of bbq in this country and now europe too. Hats off to you.
Bring on Europe! :D
esselle
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby British BBQ Society » 12 Jan 2012, 10:03

It has been very frustrating not being able to say what i am working on, but i refuse to announce something if it hasnt been confirmed. You never know I may get a couple of PM appologise............. :lol: :lol: nah doubt it!

There is still more that I am working on but the same rules apply, and will let people know when its all in place.
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Eddie » 12 Jan 2012, 22:15

Happy times for all at BBBQS . I wish anyone for the opportuntiy for the chance to compete with the big boy's!

Eddie.
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby joker smoker » 12 Jan 2012, 22:17

Maybe its time for someone to organize a qualifying comp for US ex-pats in Europe . I know , through the Texas BBQ forum, that there are US BBQ cooks in Germany and Scandinavia.
joker smoker
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 13 Jan 2012, 10:44

joker smoker wrote:Maybe its time for someone to organize a qualifying comp for US ex-pats in Europe . I know , through the Texas BBQ forum, that there are US BBQ cooks in Germany and Scandinavia.

From what I understand just about anywhere that the US has had bases, one bit of American culture that is a hit!!!! ;)
keith157

Postby British BBQ Society » 13 Jan 2012, 10:55

joker smoker wrote:Maybe its time for someone to organize a qualifying comp for US ex-pats in Europe . I know , through the Texas BBQ forum, that there are US BBQ cooks in Germany and Scandinavia.

Well volunteered John :lol:
British BBQ Society
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Barbecue News