Naan on the Kamado Joe

Got a recipe for a killer 'Slaw or some hearty BBQ beans? Maybe you make some killer ABT's or something more inventive. This is the place to post your recipes.

Naan on the Kamado Joe

Postby KamadoSimon » 03 May 2012, 08:13

Vegetable curry for tea last night, but I wanted to test out our new BBQ blower. So we fired up the Kamado to cook the naan & used the blower to get it up to temperature quickly. More on that later when I do a proper cook this weekend, but for now, the naan:

KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Naan on the Kamado Joe

Postby JEC » 03 May 2012, 09:39

Naan bread is something I'm yet to try but near the top of my list. Disappointed there was no meat in your curry though, missed a chance to try cooking tandoor style :lol:
JEC

Postby KamadoSimon » 03 May 2012, 09:58

Have to say the curry is amazing even without the meat. Trying to eat a little less meat - hence the vegetable curry & lots more fish...

The tandoori cook is something I want to try - I have some extra long & thick skewers left over from a rottiserie BBQ which we don't use anymore - these would go through the top of the vent down to the grate. Have some others which will go from the top of the fire box down to the grate. I feel a curry night in the making for next week.....
KamadoSimon
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JEC » 03 May 2012, 10:39

Only pulling you leg about the meat, I think most of us could do with reducing our meat intake, and, I have to be honest I quite like vegetable curries. Look forward to seeing the tandoor pics next week then
JEC

Return to Sides