Placing kettle into worktop

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: Placing kettle into worktop

Postby BBQ BAZ » 01 Jul 2012, 17:34

That looks the business!
The Mrs doesn't know it yet, but Iam aiming for a Weber kettle for my next investment.
I hope the weather cheers up for you a bit, so you can give it all a good thrashing.
BBQ BAZ
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby keith157 » 01 Jul 2012, 17:53

Congrats seems like a good build, no doubt that it has the WOW factor.
keith157

Postby such » 01 Jul 2012, 18:10

thanks guys, here's hoping for some good ol sunshine so i can make good use of it.

As much as i luv cooking on it, the one thing I absolutely hate is......... smelling like i've had a good smoking afterwards!!

PAUL
such
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Pecker » 02 Jul 2012, 09:38

That looks fantastic. Great job!

Steve W
Pecker
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby keith157 » 02 Jul 2012, 10:42

such wrote:thanks guys, here's hoping for some good ol sunshine so i can make good use of it.

As much as i luv cooking on it, the one thing I absolutely hate is......... smelling like i've had a good smoking afterwards!!

PAUL

Occupational hazard old bean, a change of clothes and a shower usually fixes the problem.
keith157

Postby such » 02 May 2016, 09:26

well, a good few years later and it's still going strong. I cover the whole top with really thick alu foil from costco, which means a new surface every time I cook. The vinyl is looking a bit tatty now, but the board has not warped yet.

Looking to totally redo garden next year, and building a proper built in cooking zone!
such
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Bigpikle » 03 Jul 2016, 12:40

Trying to plan something like this as well. How did you mount the kettles to the board or frame? I'm thinking of using an old stainless catering table with a cutout but can't find any brackets that will fix the kettle and leave a gap around it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bigpikle
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby such » 06 Aug 2016, 08:49

sorry for the late reply, not been on here recently.
i cut some wooden blocks and screwed them into the cut out, so the outside of the kettles rest on this surface and this leaves a gap all the way round.

This has been up for a few years now,, the vinyl has weathered, worn, but the surface is still flat.

I usually line the whole area with really thick foil from costco, so it looks more presentable

Hope this helps
such
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Barbecue Reviews