Ugly drum air flow system

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Ugly drum air flow system

Postby Eddie » 09 Jul 2012, 18:20

Found a good idea for air flow within a drum smoker, might help you guys and girls that have one or even thinking of building one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l73133L ... plpp_video

Eddie
Eddie
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Ugly drum air flow system

Postby CyderPig » 10 Jul 2012, 19:48

Thanks for the post Eddie
I have built my 4th UDS along these lines, using the top third of a spare drum to make the lid due to finding it hard to get 22.5 kettle drum lids.
I have left out using plumbing fixtures and now use magnets to control air flow, but Grandpas idea with the stainless kick flaps is brilliant(saves bending down). The blower set up and positioning looks fantastic, but out of my price range.
I have a water bowl the same size, and am now in the process of attempting to make a diffuser like his, I have only used diffuser plates and water bowl in my mini UDS , not in my full size ones as yet but will give it a go and post results/pics when I can get someone more puter savvy to do it for me.

Cheers
Cyderpig
CyderPig
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby keith157 » 11 Jul 2012, 05:36

All that on a diet of Tick'num Tipple as well ;)
keith157

Postby CyderPig » 11 Jul 2012, 11:19

What are you trying to imply Keith?
CyderPig
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Barbecue Reviews