Choo chooo....all aboard, mind the step!

Please feel free to post reviews of new barbecues, gadgets and of course food. The opinions within the forum are not necessarily that of the web site owner!

Re: Choo chooo....all aboard, mind the step!

Postby keith157 » 27 Jul 2012, 06:53

gazz_46 wrote:I'm Hooked, charcoal is the future....................... Image

Left to right we have Lil' Henry, Berty Bullet & Kelly Kettle..........this is getting out of hand and i blame you alllll :lol: :lol:

Don't blame us we didn't force you to name the bbqs
keith157

Postby London Irish » 27 Jul 2012, 09:00

gazz_46 wrote:
Ta Davy

But it is such a thing of beuty i dont want to use it , just sit staring into its deep gloss porcelain finish and survey her gentle curves :shock: .......ahem ........ errrrr yeh let you know how it goes mate, obviously!
:mrgreen:

Love it!!!!!! All the appreciation and excitement...beautiful.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
London Irish
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby derekmiller » 03 Aug 2012, 11:38

ok Gazz.
What made you choose the WSM over the Excel 20. I am as jealous as hell, :x as I STILL cant make my mind up. :oops:
Or did the missus completely surprise you.
Any serious feedback, I know there are plenty of threads on here (and elsewhere) about the two. But I think I have information overload.... :?
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gazz_46 » 03 Aug 2012, 12:43

derekmiller wrote:ok Gazz.
What made you choose the WSM over the Excel 20. I am as jealous as hell, :x as I STILL cant make my mind up. :oops:
Or did the missus completely surprise you.
Any serious feedback, I know there are plenty of threads on here (and elsewhere) about the two. But I think I have information overload.... :?

Same here mate info overload but to be honest the question i asked myself was form or function?

There are pro's and cons with both and had to base my decision after many months of research on the experience of others, had my eye on the wsm for a long, long time but couldnt justify it and had no knowledge of "proper bbq" till i came on this forum, didnt even know the Proq existed till i came here.

Honestly the proq took my fancy and view it with a jealous eye because of the features it has over the wsm, i think weber missed a trick here and should take onboard some of its features but you cannot argue against the wsm for function...it is known as the best for heat retention, charcoal consumption, ease of use and longevity "period" as the Americans would have us say.

I say "known as" because i am still getting to know the beast but couldnt be happier with my purchase....as you know i have been smokin on my kettle for a little while and what i can say it is harder (not impossible) to maintain low temps on it than the wsm...after having been on the recent SYD courses to see what can be done 1st hand on a single bullet smoker there was really no other choice!

There was a bit of a clue at the headquarters graveyard too......
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby derekmiller » 03 Aug 2012, 13:40

Thanks Gazz.
I was concerned about the Excel "leaking" heat. And those pictures say more than a 1000 words :lol:
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Toby » 03 Aug 2012, 14:20

To be fair they are the 2010 model, i believe they are now fully porcelain coated so you shouldnt have the grey effect.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gazz_46 » 03 Aug 2012, 14:23

Toby wrote:To be fair they are the 2010 model, i believe they are now fully porcelain coated so you shouldnt have the grey effect.

To be doubly fair i have no experience of them they do have a lot of cool features going for them & people who use them swear by 'em......... i was tempted to try and smuggle one out with me :shock:
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby keith157 » 03 Aug 2012, 14:46

If you were to smuggle from Tongham one might be inclined to try for either the house and "garden" or one of those dinky, compact, little Ranch BBQs :D
keith157

Postby derekmiller » 03 Aug 2012, 14:54

Oh well, back to square one... :roll:
I have NEVER been so indecisive in my life.....
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby gazz_46 » 03 Aug 2012, 15:04

keith157 wrote:If you were to smuggle from Tongham one might be inclined to try for either the house and "garden" or one of those dinky, compact, little Ranch BBQs :D

None of which would have fitted in the boot but i getcha :lol: :lol: :lol:
gazz_46
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

PreviousNext

Return to Barbecue Reviews