General Update

All the latest from barbecue organisations/ organisers and manufactures in the UK, if anything has been missed fell free to chip in!

General Update

Postby Toby » 25 Aug 2013, 07:33

Hi Everyone,

I am aware that I struggle to keep all of my sites updated and appreciate the fantastic job the Moderators are doing on the forum. I know a lot of you do not use Facebook or Twitter so wanted to keep you all informed as to what is going on.

The long and short of it is with May being so successful we ran one smoking weekend in August, as that was even better (didn’t think it was possible) I have decided to run another event on the 16th & 17th of November. I have been getting opinions over the last couple of weeks and this is the current scenario.

The event will be combined with a bonfire / fireworks / beer and food social. I am getting feedback from the council to see how many people could attend. Currently thinking of a 500 limit.

Team entry will remain at £50 for a team of upto 5 adults plus £5 per head contribution towards food and fireworks.

We will be releasing additional tickets for anyone that would like to come along costing £10 per adult. These will initially be offered to team friends, family and forum members. As this will be held at mine it would be nice to know everyone has some sort of connection.

Turn in times for the competition will be on Saturday at the following times

15:00 Chicken
15:30 Ribs
16:00 Pork
16:30 Brisket

This allows those that want to cook low and slow from the Friday to do so, it also allows teams to arrive early on Saturday morning, and cook hot and fast.

I have no doubt that there will be a good social gathering on the Friday however that would be reserved for any judges and teams that are ………. Foolish enough to want to spend another night in the cold………. And cook low and slow.

In honour of bonfire night the event is called “Guy Fawkin Hot and Fast BBQ competition”

Please let me know any opinions or feedback.
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: General Update

Postby keith157 » 25 Aug 2013, 10:05

Would it be possible to find out if the local cab companies have minibuses or similar to run people to the respective hotels/travelodges? I AM NOT SUGGESTING YOU SUBSIDISE ANYTHING AGAIN!!!! LET'S FACE IT YOU DO THAT ENOUGH AND YOU'LL HAVE XMAS PRESSIES TO BUY FOR YOUR FAMILY :D
keith157

Postby Geordie888 » 25 Aug 2013, 10:59

Just from a relative outsider. Where will it be?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
Geordie888
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby RobinC » 25 Aug 2013, 11:12

Geordie888 wrote:Just from a relative outsider. Where will it be?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

@toby's in Tongham
RobinC
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby The Foodtaster » 25 Aug 2013, 13:31

Hi Travelodge in Aldershot over 2 miles away from Toby's (http://www.travelodge.co.uk) are doing an on line saver rate of £32 per night for a double room or twin occupancy if preferred. Also if you fancy a breakfast buffet, you'll get £1 off if booked on line.

Looking forward to the event.

See you in November.

:D 8-)
The Foodtaster
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby kwazulu » 25 Aug 2013, 17:06

Would love to bring the family down for the Saturday, how much for kids tickets? Mine are all under 8.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk
kwazulu
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Barbecue News