Blue Grass BBQ - High Wycombe

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Blue Grass BBQ - High Wycombe

Postby ConorD » 23 Mar 2014, 13:23

Anyone ever been?

http://bluegrass-bbq.com/
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Blue Grass BBQ - High Wycombe

Postby Leviakhan » 24 Apr 2014, 09:34

I have, it's fantastic, amazing food.

Best thing I can advise you to do is to pay them a visit :D
Leviakhan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ConorD » 24 Apr 2014, 19:37

Funny I was thinking of doing exactly that tomorrow lunchtime. a timely post
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JONESEY » 11 Jun 2014, 12:32

ConorD - what was the food like at lunchtime?
Thinking of a BBQ lunch for the upcoming birthday!
JONESEY
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ConorD » 11 Jun 2014, 16:54

still haven't been as work keeps getting in the way. went down the road to the new Blues Smokehouse in Bracknell and was impressed so need to get to High Wycombe soon.
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby JONESEY » 09 Jul 2014, 08:55

Well - I went to Blue Grass yesterday with the missus for lunch, and can report it was gooooooood.
I had a Burger with pulled pork, fries and 'slaw - really good food, would recommend it for a visit.

We'll certainly go back again, but next up it's Lonestar Grill in Milton Keynes.

Cheers,
Jonesey.
JONESEY
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby ConorD » 09 Jul 2014, 20:45

Finally went there for lunch today and I agree it was excellent. Had brisket and ribs. I will post some pics when I can.
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby ConorD » 10 Jul 2014, 08:40

So went for lunch yesterday and was impressed before I even took a seat. The smell of smoked food hits you before you can see the restaurant. Good location, light, airy and well decorated restaurant with nice touches like the sauce bottles in Grape Soda carriers. You take a table and order at the bar, which doubles as a take out counter.

We both ordered the brisket and ribs which comes with homemade chips and a lovely slaw (I am not a fan of anything with mayo on).

The sauces were excellent, my favourite being the Tennessee.

The ribs were on the small side, even for baby backs, but were well cooked and had a lovely combination of sauce and rub on them.I try to cook baby backs at home over spares but only because I have an excellent butcher who tracks down some really meat ones. I did not see what the "full racks" looked like and will go back to try them but I would hope that they are more that double what I got in size.

The brisket was excellent, brilliantly cooked before being thinly sliced and covered in the Kansas Sauce. They have a plaque on the wall saying that they won the brisket category at the JD Invitational in 2013 so I expected nothing less.

We also ordered some burnt ends (which were well done) and a real treat - deep fried Mac'n'Cheese balls with bacon and Jalapeno.
ImageImageImage

Definitely going back.
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to Restaurant Reviews