Red's True barbecue Manchester, worth a visit?

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Red's True barbecue Manchester, worth a visit?

Postby jez2775 » 06 May 2015, 14:21

I've unfortunately managed to find myself subjected to the necessary evils of a health and safety course for a couple of days up in sunny Manchester, and so was contemplating a visit this evening to Red's True Barbecue, has anyone been, and if so is it worth a visit?
jez2775
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: Red's True barbecue Manchester, worth a visit?

Postby PDC7 » 07 May 2015, 11:45

If you don't mind the drive you could head out to stockport and visit "cock a doodle moo"

not been to either but you could try them both while up here in the "wild" north west
PDC7
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby jez2775 » 07 May 2015, 17:49

Will have to give 'cock a doodle moo' a visit another time as I'm now esconsed back in the safety of the glorious South. Unfortunately I opted to visit Red's True Barbecue last night. Excellent chips and superb marketing.
jez2775
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby PDC7 » 08 May 2015, 11:39

By "excellent chips & superb marketing" can I take it the meat is not up to scratch?
PDC7
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby jez2775 » 08 May 2015, 14:00

It depends what your aspirations are. I normally order brisket if I go out to eat barbecue on the grounds that if you can cook that well everything else has a chance of being good. Unfortunately it wasn't up to much, and I at least expect somewhere that charges me £13.95 for 300g of brisket (that's £46.95 a kilo, which even at prices for USDA Prime or CAB is pretty high) to not serve me something that's dried up and cold. Burgers or ribs heavily sauced in a barbecue restaurant can hide a multitude of sins, hence why I normally go for the brisket as an indication of how good somewhere is. Just an opinion though. And the chips were very good.
jez2775
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Restaurant Reviews