Blues smokehouse Bracknell

A forum for reviews of bbq restaurants. Only mods and admins can create new topics here, but everyone else can reply. Opinions expressed here are those of the individual and are not representative of the BBBQS.

Blues smokehouse Bracknell

Postby ConorD » 20 Jun 2014, 11:16

So I have managed to go here twice now which I felt was required as although the food was excellent both time, the first time I went was with the family on a busy, sunny Sunday and the staff seemed a little overwhelmed.we were told it would be an hour wait for a table when I was standing in between two empty, unreserved tables. I pointed that out and we were seated pretty quickly by the manager. The second time there was a Saturday lunchtime and was a much better service experience - in fact it was perfect as I had the 3 kids by myself and the staff were more than helpful.

Most Importantly - the food I was very impressed with both visits and cannot wait to go back again. First time around I had ribs and hot links on a combo platter and my wife had a burger (kids had ribs and mac'n'cheese). Lovely flavour and texture and I was assured that the burger was good (but wasn't allowed to validate that for myself :) ). The Hot links had excellent flavour but I found the grind a little fine (personal preference here I guess) and they can always be bigger.
ImageImage

Second time around I went for ribs and brisket and again it was great. Great texture and flavour on both and the smoke came through.

A massive shout out for the sauces with the bourbon and cherry bbq sauce in particular - they need to get these on the shelves as I would buy that one by the gallon.
ImageImageImage
ConorD
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: Blues smokehouse Bracknell

Postby Artust » 25 Jun 2014, 20:34

Great review. This is on my hit list of places to visit, and I pray each week that work takes me out that way.
Artust
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby BASCOM » 16 Jan 2015, 22:00

went to blues smoke house on the 4 jan for sons birthday, and I will have to concur that the food was GOOOD!!!!
we had the sharing platter which had a bit of everything

half a chicken, rack of ribs, pulled pork, brisket, + 2 potions of fries, coleslaw, battered onions and baked beans....

all the meat was tender,juicy and the sides were delicious
BASCOM
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Deano » 19 Jan 2015, 12:03

I planned to go there last year. Had to go to Bracknell for work. Was due to go around 3.00 pm for a site induction, then go here for something to eat, then back to site to do my work late in the evening when everyone had gone home.
Luckily I was able to do my work straight after the induction. I was very pleased as this meant i could relax after with dinner here. I had already scouted it's location and parking spot. Got to the car park, parked and made my way to the smokehouse, tapped my pockets to feel for my wallet, oh dear!! Phoned home to find I had left it there, also didn't have any money of r the car park, had to call a number and waited 1/2 hour for somebody to arrive and let me out. Next time...
Deano
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Deano » 17 Nov 2015, 15:01

Deano wrote:I planned to go there last year. Had to go to Bracknell for work. Was due to go around 3.00 pm for a site induction, then go here for something to eat, then back to site to do my work late in the evening when everyone had gone home.
Luckily I was able to do my work straight after the induction. I was very pleased as this meant i could relax after with dinner here. I had already scouted it's location and parking spot. Got to the car park, parked and made my way to the smokehouse, tapped my pockets to feel for my wallet, oh dear!! Phoned home to find I had left it there, also didn't have any money of r the car park, had to call a number and waited 1/2 hour for somebody to arrive and let me out. Next time...

Well, Finally hoping to call in there tomorrow afternoon on the way back from a job, lets Hope i don't forget my wallet this time!!
Deano
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Mj2k » 06 Mar 2016, 18:22

Headed for lunch & a cheeky burger. Was the most dry and poor burger I've had in my life.

I'm also not a fan of the way they douse their pulled pork in the mustard sauce, prefer to decide on my own sauce.
Mj2k
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Restaurant Reviews