New WSM

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

New WSM

Postby gunman » 30 Dec 2016, 18:20

After about 3 or 4 years of me using my 47 and 57cm weber Kettle BBQs, My wife has taken pity on my and bought me a 47cm WSM for xmas! I'm going to do my first cook on it tomorrow. I have tried a new butcher as the last one had got a bit complacent and wasn't living up to my expectations. The new guys are a farm butcher and when I was asking about the cut of brisket I wanted he didn't know what I was on about but brought out the whole packer brisket and asked me to show him what I wanted. Never had that before. I got the whole flat (or navel) but I'm actually sorry I dint just get the whole packer now. I also have a 3.2kg pork butt to cook as well. Not sure if they'll fit on the 1 grate tho.

I plan to use oak for the smoke and have set up with lumpwood (hardwood grade) for fuel.

If anyone has any advice for me I'd love to hear it. Thanks
gunman
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Re: New WSM

Postby BraaiMeesterWannabe » 06 Jan 2017, 13:26

I would put the pork below the brisket personally. You may want to wrap the brisket to keep moist but the butt shouldn't need that. The butt can just be left alone for the entire time.

Have you got a remote temp monitor - I use a Maverick and love it
BraaiMeesterWannabe
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Re: New WSM

Postby mikeyboibbq17 » 22 Feb 2017, 21:36

gunman wrote:After about 3 or 4 years of me using my 47 and 57cm weber Kettle BBQs, My wife has taken pity on my and bought me a 47cm WSM for xmas! I'm going to do my first cook on it tomorrow. I have tried a new butcher as the last one had got a bit complacent and wasn't living up to my expectations. The new guys are a farm butcher and when I was asking about the cut of brisket I wanted he didn't know what I was on about but brought out the whole packer brisket and asked me to show him what I wanted. Never had that before. I got the whole flat (or navel) but I'm actually sorry I dint just get the whole packer now. I also have a 3.2kg pork butt to cook as well. Not sure if they'll fit on the 1 grate tho.

I plan to use oak for the smoke and have set up with lumpwood (hardwood grade) for fuel.

If anyone has any advice for me I'd love to hear it. Thanks

Are you looking to sell any of the Weber kettles you got?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikeyboibbq17
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Anything Butt