Weber - Newbie Question

Feel free to ask any questions, one of the experts will certainly respond, don't be afraid to ask anything, we were all beginners at some point.

Weber - Newbie Question

Postby mkelly21 » 07 Aug 2017, 15:19

Hi Guys,

Great forum with clearly a wealth of knowledge - I was struggling with my weber 57" Kettle BBQ until I gleaned some advice from here - I had no idea about fire/briq management.

I'm starting off slowly and have cooked some jacket potato's on the grill which turned out great but I had a question....

How would you cook a whole bunch of food on the grill, say for example burgers, chicken and jacket potato? In my mind I'd put the potato in first but by the time it's ready, say after an hour, the grill is starting to cool down for burgers & sausages.. which need quick cooking..

Thanks in advance, Mark
mkelly21
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Weber - Newbie Question

Postby Tiny » 10 Aug 2017, 10:30

Hi Chum,
Couple of options. Jacket spuds, give them 10 minutes in the microwave before going into the BBQ this will greatly shorten the cooking time. I would then bung them in indirect with the chicken not far behind, half an hour before they are done light another half chimney of charcoal . Whip your spuds out, as it were matron, fling in the new hot coals and you can give your chicken an extra sear and get your burgers done. Latent heat in a baked spud will let it wait whilst you finish off.

Hope this helps,
tiny
Tiny
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Return to New To BBQ/Smoking - Help & Advice