Entering the world of the BBQ - perfect timing!

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Entering the world of the BBQ - perfect timing!

Postby leechild » 04 Sep 2017, 10:34

Hi everyone,

It seems that although the weather may not be the best timing, the 'end of season' sales are for getting into BBQ. On a random trip to John Lewis found an ex display Weber 47cm plus at a bargain price. Realise it's a bit of a beginners one but just getting into all of this.

Spent the weekend practising on a small brisket one day and ribs the other. have to say (and will be asking some questions) that i don't seem to have it all done quite yet, but really enjoying it. Just wish i lived in the U.S. they have access to all those gorgeous huge cuts of meat and ribs, and the Asda ribs i ended up getting were pretty lame in comparison

well just wanted to say hi to everyone and looking forward to getting my skills down a bit over the next few months!
leechild
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Entering the world of the BBQ - perfect timing!

Postby derekmiller » 04 Sep 2017, 11:58

Hi and Welcome.

If you want decent chunks of meat, they are available, but at a cost.
Talk to James at https://jl-butchers.co.uk/

He supplies all my special requests, there are others out there, and no doubt people will come up with other names. Nothing wrong with the 47 as a starter. Good luck.
derekmiller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself