New toys to go with the Traeger.

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: New toys to go with the Traeger.

Postby crsmoke070 » 22 Nov 2010, 19:13

These plans look good and hopefully the visiting Qers from other countries that have in-laws in Lincolnshire will be invited to see the final results and a beer.

Keep us posted on your plans.

Chuck
crsmoke070
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby snollygoster » 04 Oct 2017, 10:30

Chris__M wrote:The fire bricks idea makes sense to me, but I am going to give that a miss for now. My current cooking position is on the drive alongside my house, next to the kitchen door, which means the traeger is exposed - both to the elements and anyone walking past the house and looking up the drive.

As a result, I am currently garaging it once it has cooled sufficiently, so the longer cooling off time would be a bit of a pain. Also, it is heavy enough to move as it is, without bricks in it as well!

I have longer term plans for a small covered area alongside my garage, with a proper extermal power socket off of the garage's circuit (currently, I am simply throwing a lead out of the kitchen door). As well as sheltering the traeger, it will also be out of sight of the road, and I will be more happy with leaving it out most/all of the time.

I have a very nice covered area in my garage. My wife and I bought a nice shed from http://whatshed.co.uk/big-sheds/. I wanted the first one which is a lot bigger but my wife chose Hartwood 10′ x 6′ FSC Double Door Overlap Apex Shed. It's not too big and still has enough space for her gardening. It has been 3 years since we bought it but its still ok. Though we need to repaint it maybe in December just in time for Holidays. But aside from that, everything is ok.
snollygoster
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby snollygoster » 04 Oct 2017, 10:33

I have a very nice covered area in my garage. My wife and I bought a nice shed from http://whatshed.co.uk/big-sheds/. I wanted the first one which is a lot bigger but my wife chose Hartwood 10′ x 6′ FSC Double Door Overlap Apex Shed. It's not too big and still has enough space for her gardening. It has been 3 years since we bought it but its still ok. Though we need to repaint it maybe in December just in time for Holidays. But aside from that, everything is ok.[/quote]

Sorry for bringing back this thread. I was using the keyword for searching threads, I overlooked the date was way back 2010. I'm sorry My bad :lol:
snollygoster
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Chris__M » 06 Oct 2017, 15:48

snollygoster wrote:Sorry for bringing back this thread. I was using the keyword for searching threads, I overlooked the date was way back 2010. I'm sorry My bad :lol:

Not a problem. It was an interesting reminder of how my setup was. I've since had my whole garden redone, with a dedicated BBQ area in a space behind my Garage, which meant I could build a lean-to shelter against the back wall, and drill a hole through to get power.
Chris__M
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby snollygoster » 07 Oct 2017, 09:29

That's a very nice idea. ;)
snollygoster
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Previous

Return to Anything Butt