Hello from Scotland

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello from Scotland

Postby Hoogl85 » 19 Jun 2018, 22:50

HI all,

I thought I should say hi. I joined the site a couple of months ago and realised I hadn't introduced myself.

I bought a 57cm WSM at the end of last summer as I had just bought a house with a garden. First time trying to do a good BBQ and I must say I have been impressed every time I cook with it. My OH is fed up of me talking about BBQ and watching you tube videos etc but puts up with me as the food is so good.

I'm just outside Glasgow so the weather can be a bugger.I built a wee smoke shack so that I can smoke all year. I'll post some pics later on.

Cheers :)

Adieu from the BBQ
Hoogl85
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello from Scotland

Postby Jediboy » 22 Jun 2018, 09:54

Hello.
Your wife sounds just like mine!
Jediboy
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Hoogl85 » 02 Jul 2018, 21:52

Hi Jediboy,

Yeah she has been pretty happy so far with the food so I've got Carte Blanche at the moment. Though I did mention I saw a pizza oven at Aldi and she has said I can buy if i want. :o :D

I found my link to my smoke shack. I think I have shared previously. https://imgur.com/a/VOIqG Although some bad weather a couple of weeks ago (Totally not my shoddy workmanship) knocked it about a bit. So i need to replace a couple latches.

I keep meaning to upload more pictures of my recent smokes. I'll do that over the next few days.

Adieu from the BBQ
Hoogl85
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Postby Hoogl85 » 12 Jul 2018, 22:29

Hi Jediboy,

I'm sure i replied last week. Maybe I didn't hit send. I was joking with my OH about getting a pizza oven from Aldi and the reply was "Cool I like Pizza". So it sounds like I may be investing in one of those as well. I'm needing a new shed and I may get a extending lean to roof coming off it so I can set up a outdoor kitchen area.

I'm off work this coming week so I'll no doubt do a smoke or two. I'm going to try and get some beef short ribs as I've never done them before. But I did see some lovely Tomahawks in my Costco for a reasonable price.

Adieu from the BBQ
Hoogl85
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Return to Introduce Yourself