Supagrill Wonder Briquettes

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Re: Supagrill Wonder Briquettes

Postby Askoir » 16 Aug 2014, 11:57

Scantily wrote:Had a few bags of these delivered today, will post some feedback once I've had a chance to cook with them.

Let me know what you think of them. Been so busy for the last couple of months that I have not had a chance to properly test them. Things have slowed down for me now so will defo test them this week.
Askoir
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Scantily » 22 Dec 2014, 12:34

Forgot all about this thread, I've used them for a fair few smokes now, including one right now.

The pros:
They light quickly.
Decent burn time.
Fairly minimal ash.

The cons:
Extinguished coals are very fragile and will crumble into dust if not handled very carefully.

Overall, they're good, but I wouldn't call them a wonder briquette, recovering leftover fuel is quite annoying.
Scantily
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby Askoir » 19 Jan 2015, 11:43

Scantily wrote:Forgot all about this thread, I've used them for a fair few smokes now, including one right now.

The pros:
They light quickly.
Decent burn time.
Fairly minimal ash.

The cons:
Extinguished coals are very fragile and will crumble into dust if not handled very carefully.

Overall, they're good, but I wouldn't call them a wonder briquette, recovering leftover fuel is quite annoying.

I also forgot about this thread.
Used them quite a few times in the last few months & generally agree with the above.

They light so easy - much quicker than other briquettes that I have used.
Burn time is better than all briquettes that I have used apart from Heat Beads, Weber Premium & Cocoshell.

My summary - very good briquette at the price (I paid £10 per 12kg bag) but not in the league burn time wise as either Heat Beads or Weber Premium. My main fuel is Big K restaurant lump but I tend to use briquettes more in the winter. I'll continue to buy these but will also continue with heat beads & weber premium briquettes as well. Their price makes them a nice to have but i would not give up heat beads or weber briquettes for them. Further to that I would love supergrill to bring back the cocoshell briquettes in place of these.
Askoir
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby TheHowster » 07 May 2015, 08:53

I ordered some of these from creative garden ideas (part of cpl) for £10.55 for 12kg. I found them to be large easy to light briquettes that burned for a long time and didn't have any off smells or strange ash. I also had quite a lot of unused or part unused briquettes left after my last burn and found them fine for reuse.

CPL are going to discontinue these due to a lack of popularity so offered me a 20% off discount code (actually applied to anything else in my basket too) to help them shift what is left. I ordered 4 bags so got 48Kg for £33 and some pennies delivered.

For anyone interested the code is P20 and delivery is free for orders over £30.
TheHowster
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Previous

Return to Anything Butt