Get your fingers out!!!!!!!!!

The place to hang out and chat about anything and everything that doesn't fall under our other categories.

Get your fingers out!!!!!!!!!

Postby Kiska95 » 17 May 2015, 17:29

Hi to all of the forum members around the globe, get your fingers out!!!!!

I've not been on this forum long but for god sake stop just reading and START POSTING will yer? Haway man Its like drawing teeth waiting for any new posts!!!!! Summers coming and this forum should be bristling instead its the same half dozen people posting and yet there's a couple of thousand members out there. To their credit the people that are posting are very good and I have gotten some good intel but some input from all you others woulds be good no matter how small. To be honest some of the Newbies are not even getting hellos, come on people support this forum its Bloody good!!!!! dont get complacent and wait for others, jump in the temp is great! Hot!!!!! :twisted:
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Re: Get your fingers out!!!!!!!!!

Postby YetiDave » 17 May 2015, 17:58

We need more people to build their own UDS. That'd get the talk flowin' :roll:
YetiDave
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Kiska95 » 17 May 2015, 22:34

Yep i agree!
Go build a UDS!!!!!!
After the initial burn out i can build one in a day and thats being lazy its easy and not expensive. people think its complicated or special tools needed thats rubbish a drill a couple drill bits and a few spanners. they can be done for less than 100 quid i know i built another last week on my day off and that included painting and im not an engineer im in sales!!!
Let me know if you are interested out there and i will post the how and where to buy gear and mistakes to avoid. so come on build now enjoy tomorrow!!!!
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby Kiska95 » 17 May 2015, 22:58

Hi again
Got my soap box out now !!!!!!
I have done that much research and practised over the years that im like a bioody sponge an encylopedia from curing, sausage making, bbqing ( griiling and low n slow) to building and buying everything you need from here to the US
Yes ive lived and worked all over europe so know the different products and cooking methods. yes i lived and worked in the USA and did some free time in a bbq smoke house just north of orlando yes i worked in an artisan bakers and yes worked with my mates in their butchers shops. No i havent competed which is why im on this site considering doing that. I may be new to the forum but not new to this malarky so ask away. Probably manage 5 minutes on any subject. You ask i will reply
Kiska95
Twisted Firestarter
Twisted Firestarter

Postby batvan » 18 May 2015, 06:21

I reckon the forum needs a UDS section as all info n posts on them seem all over the place
batvan
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby YetiDave » 18 May 2015, 06:28

Aye I've made my own pancetta, guanciale, bacon, salt beef, sausages, sourdough, pasta, worked in a kitchen for a while, have an addiction to just about anything and everything food related... Not interested in comps, however, as I learned when working as a chef/cook that I dislike having guidelines. I'm not interested in trying to please someone else's tastebuds - I'm cooking the way I want and the way I like. I've never had any complaints, far from it, but I don't think it'd go that way in comp BBQ.

Saying that though, my BBQ is still the best I've eaten ;)
YetiDave
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby aris » 18 May 2015, 07:56

YetiDave wrote:Aye I've made my own pancetta, guanciale, bacon, salt beef, sausages, sourdough, pasta, worked in a kitchen for a while, have an addiction to just about anything and everything food related... Not interested in comps, however, as I learned when working as a chef/cook that I dislike having guidelines. I'm not interested in trying to please someone else's tastebuds - I'm cooking the way I want and the way I like. I've never had any complaints, far from it, but I don't think it'd go that way in comp BBQ.

Saying that though, my BBQ is still the best I've eaten ;)

LOL - I think i feel the same way - not much interested in competition. Though I think competition (for those who like it) is a very important part of this hobby - it is those dedicated people who test and come up with new ideas - of which the rest of us can cherry pick the best ones. For me BBQ (and cooking in general) is an outlet to my creative needs - all while having a good meal for family and friends :-)
aris
Rubbed and Ready
Rubbed and Ready

Postby Toby » 18 May 2015, 08:20

Thought I has posted this yesterday but must have shut the phone down too early...

Forum always has busy and quiet periods, I think most of the chatter is taking place in our FB page because it's more instant.

I think it's a good idea to have a uds section so if you can email links to any uds threads on the forum I will move them into a single group. Please email the links to info@bbbqs.com
Cheers
Toby
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Anything Butt