Hello to all

Please stop by and say hello when you first join. Let us know who you are, where you are and anything else you want to share.

Moderator: British BBQ Society

Hello to all

Postby steelman » 05 Aug 2011, 13:35

Got to be honest first ...Did not know there was a British BBQ society ..But I am glad there is ....had a quick look around and think its great
History...had most of the normal BBQ history ...cooked a bit and burnt a bit ...but still love it ....Had a new BBQ for my 50th and wow ...what a thing it is ....A Blue Ember from Fiest ....3 main burners 1 on the side and a back burner to spit roast and an ice bucket????.... so the next time you go through the tunnels westbound on the M4 in Newport... S Wales look to the right and you will see the smoke rising....
Had the first fire up and spit roasted a chicken and shoulder of pork and it went down a storm ...I know I still have got lots to learn.
Dont get on the net too often so I am not being rude if you dont get a reply straight away ..bare with me
lots more to come so stay with me.....If anyone has any good tips on spit roasting or smoking i would be greatful.
Thanks and enjoy
steelman
Still Raw Inside
Still Raw Inside

Re: Hello to all

Postby oddsocks » 05 Aug 2011, 14:55

hello steelman, you will learn loads from here, and the past posts are well worth reading!

enjoy
oddsocks
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Postby JEC » 05 Aug 2011, 19:43

Welcome aboard, now you've found us you've just found a reason to be on the net a whole lot more
JEC

Postby dronfield BBQ Ranch » 05 Aug 2011, 20:31

Hi Steelman, and a big hello to the most informative fourm around, you will get all the help you need here pal, spit roasting cool :P :P :P :P

built my own set up was fed up of flare up and charing meat so canibalised an old bbq to create a rear heat bbq, works great.

catch you around and stay in touch

Rick
dronfield BBQ Ranch
Got Wood!
Got Wood!

Return to Introduce Yourself